New to DCL-5nt Magic vs. 7nt Fantasy

battybtags

We're looking to book our first Disney cruise in the fall. We have 2 girls ages 3 and (will be) 6. I'm debating between a 5 night on the Magic vs. a 7 night on the Fantasy. With the 7 night, I'll have to pull my daughter from school an extra day and it's also about 2K more (yes for 2 extra nights!). I just worry that 5 nights won't feel long enough. I do like that the Magic is a smaller ship though so maybe less crowded? And of course on the 7 night you have more stops. I'm really torn. I just don't know if it's worth 2K for 2 extra nights. Thoughts/opinions please? Thank you!

Normally I'm for longer is better, but 2K for 2 nights is crazy. Your kids are really young-the high tech features of the Fantasy will mean more to them later. And the Magic is my favorite ship.

Things to look at--unless you live in FL, your transportation costs will be the same regardless of which ship you choose.

I'd probably do the Magic and put the 2K toward another cruise! I realize that there are 4 of you, but $500 per person per night is crazy. There are ways to do it cheaper than that. Save the 2K and do a later first day booking or last minute booking. If you can do a last minute cruise, there are currently April bookings for 7 nights on Magic or Fantasy for a bit over $4000 for a family of 4. Might be better than waiting for fall.

I had wanted to do the Fantasy with my extended family this fall but the price point was far more than I wanted to pay so we booked the Magic in November for 5 nights. The price per day / per person is in my acceptable cost range for a DCL cruise so I was more than happy to give up the extra 2 nights for a reasonable cruise cost. We'll be spending 2 nights at Oceana Palms on the east coast of Florida for much, much less than the cruise price difference.

I say do the 5 night cruise and save the money for something else (maybe even a deposit for your next cruise with an onboard booking).

Normally I'm for longer is better' date=' but 2K for 2 nights is crazy. Your kids are really young-the high tech features of the Fantasy will mean more to them later. And the Magic is my favorite ship.

Things to look at--unless you live in FL, your transportation costs will be the same regardless of which ship you choose.

I'd probably do the Magic and put the 2K toward another cruise! I realize that there are 4 of you, but $500 per person per night is crazy. There are ways to do it cheaper than that. Save the 2K and do a later first day booking or last minute booking. If you can do a last minute cruise, there are currently April bookings for 7 nights on Magic or Fantasy for a bit over $4000 for a family of 4. Might be better than waiting for fall.[/quote']

Isn't it $250pp/per night more? In any case that's pricey.

Our first Disney cruise was 5 nights on the Magic. It was the perfect introduction to cruising for my 2 1/2 year old niece. She loved the ship as I did. A year later we did 7 nights on the Magic. Now that she knows what to expect and is quite taken with Disney cruises we are going to do 7 nights on the Fantasy. If we could do a different itinerary, I would cruise on the Magic again in a heartbeat.