Baltimore hotel needed-not for parking

mitsugirly

Coming to you live from the lobby of the Comfort Inn & Suites.

There are 2 shuttles. An airport one and the cruise port one. The airport shuttle runs 24/7. It picks up at BWI at doors 1 & 15. Takes about 30/45 mins for it to make a round trip. When you get to the front desk you can reserve a shuttle time back to the airport. But not the cruise port.

To get the cruise shuttle, you have to check out and tell them you want a shuttle to cruise port. We checked out at 10:00am and were behind two huge parties. It's 11:24 and we should be on the next shuttle. Crossing my fingers here.

For what it's worth, the girl at the front desk says it isn't usually like this. Turns out the power outages and computer glitches that affected the Eastern Seaboard yesterday that caused many flights to be cancelled. Stranding many in Baltimore. So all the shuttles in the city are all backed up trying to get the airport passengers to the airport.

It's almost 3 hrs after we signed up for the shuttle and still nada. Gonna call a cab at 1pm if no one gets us. I'm gonna chalk this up as a not good for shuttle transport.

It's almost 3 hrs after we signed up for the shuttle and still nada. Gonna call a cab at 1pm if no one gets us. I'm gonna chalk this up as a not good for shuttle transport.

Aww, so sorry to hear that:-(. But have an awesome cruise and looking forward to your post-cruise review!!

Regarding the Comfort Inn & Suites BWI shuttle... getting from the airport to the hotel was no problem. Getting to the cruise port is where we ran into trouble. We actually got on the shuttle almost right after I posted last. Turns out, they shared a shuttle with the neighboring Best Western hotel. We got on the shuttle at 12:47pm and we were standing in line at the port at 1:13pm.

The shuttle driver said we needed to call the hotel to get a confirmation number for a ride back after we cleared customs. But because of the huge wait we had in getting to the cruise port, we didn't bother with their shuttle and ended up taking a cab from the cruise port to the airport.

The hotel was nice enough. The room was clean and everything was in working order. The staff was professional, polite, and friendly.

We walked to a chinese take out place across the street for dinner and brought it back to the hotel. There is a liquor store across the street where we got cokes and wine and there was also a Shell gas station. There is a free continental breakfast from 6-9am but the hubs wanted Dunkin Dounuts, which is across the street.

Would I recommend this hotel? Sure, if you don't mind playing shuttle roulette...

Regarding the Comfort Inn & Suites BWI shuttle... getting from the airport to the hotel was no problem. Getting to the cruise port is where we ran into trouble. We actually got on the shuttle almost right after I posted last. Turns out, they shared a shuttle with the neighboring Best Western hotel. We got on the shuttle at 12:47pm and we were standing in line at the port at 1:13pm. ...

Welcome back!! How long did it take you to get on the ship?