?'s about Mexico ports, the jewel and lax

bagzrpacked

I am looking for feedback on the 3 things listed above.

How do you like the Mexican Riv. Ports of call?

I have spent time in PV (which I love) but I have never been to the other ports of call.

How is the LAX terminal?

I've sailed out of Miami and Tampa ( both great)

Once out of San Juan (nightmare)

How do you like the jewel ship?

If you have any experience with one or all of the things above.... I'd love to hear what you have to say.

Thank You!

Some of your questions will get more expanded answers in the Mexican Riviera section under Ports of Call and West Coast Departures section under North American Homeports on the main page. Also, it sounds like you are doing a Panama Canal cruise that hits the Mexican Riviera on the way north, if you are on the Jewel. Without looking, it would seem that that itinerary may have some different ports than the usual Star MR cruise.

Cabo is a great port for walking around, shopping, getting some food or drinks and booking an excursion at the marina where the tender drops you off. I have not gotten off the ship in Mazatlan, so I can't comment.

LAX is the airport; Los Angeles Harbor or San Pedro is the port. I'm not sure to which you are referring so I'll guess the harbor, then go to the airport. The harbor has two main terminals. Embarkation is fairly simple; disembarkation can be a long process with long lines on or off the ship,depending on how CBP does it that day and how many agents they have on hand. LAX is a zoo most of the time. Allow for two hours from curb to boarding. Traffic between harbor and LAX varies on day and time of day. Allow extra time on weekdays.

The Jewel is a nice ship with a lovely staff. It does not have the size or bells and whistles of the new ships, but I much prefer the Jewel class ships of Norwegian.

We've sailed twice on the Jewel to Alaska.

We loved the Jewel. Perfect size! Staff is great! We enjoyed the main dining room food. The buffet is very good -- lots and lots of choices -- great variety. Outstanding entertainment.

If you want to hear more about the Jewel, I'm happy to share more of my thoughts and things you want to be certain to try.

We have been to the MR several times, the last was in April 2014 on the Star. Going to Cabo in 2 weeks, again on the Star.

My TA loves the Jewel, and I know she is booked again on Jewel.

We have taken ships tours in all the ports. We have walking issues so we take that into consideration when we pick the tours. So far, we enjoyed what we chose.

The port in LA is pretty nice. Lots of parking. We actually like the LA port.

If you mean the actual airport, it's big. I think others could answer airport questions better.

Patti