Pride of America Deck 3

ncshp955

I was looking at the deck plans trying to find a cabin that we would like and could not find out what is on deck 3. Looking at some cabins on deck 4 and would like to try and find out what might be below us. Any help?

I was looking at the deck plans trying to find a cabin that we would like and could not find out what is on deck 3. Looking at some cabins on deck 4 and would like to try and find out what might be below us. Any help?

Deck 3 is not accessible to passengers and is most likely crew area or mechanical in nature.

Deck 3 will have the famous "I-95" corridor, crew cabins, Medical Center (I think?), the tender ports and gangway areas used for ports other than Honolulu, Security, some workshops and Engine Control Room, offices, and some provisions and engineering spaces aft. I-95 can get quite hectic on turn-around day, but even given it is the main crew corridor, it isn't a really noisy space.

We had an OV porthole cabin deck 4 FWD on the POA back in 2009, by the forward elevators & stairs, it was quiet with no noise from above or below - deck 3 is service & crew area, and some passage near the stairs used for accessing the gangways for the ports (and tendering - all used deck 3 MID ship for access to the pier)

We're close enough to hear a little noise & felt the ship's anchor being lowered & raised, alarm clock for waking up to eat breakfast before leaving the ship for another port intensive day - didn't bother us one tiny bit.

Our sailing was smooth and being low, no motion while at sea or overnight between ports.

Medical center was/is on deck 4 MID after the elevators & stairs, with some cabins for higher ranking ?? crew/officers - not listed on these deck maps. Refer to our review for more details plus "old" pictures - it's a beautiful ship and the layout is a little different than other ships in the fleet.

Mahalo :cool:

Edited by mking8288