STAR.....ESPN available?. ...at Red Lion Pub?

COASTERBOB

Hello all: We will be traveling on the STAR on the Mexican Riviera cruise 11/1-11/9. Does anyone know if the ship gets ESPN on their TVs? Reason: We are HUGE Phila. Eagles football fans, and they play on Sunday night, 11/6.......on ESPN! We are hoping that the Red Lion Pub will have a BIG screen TV displaying the game. We figure kickoff to be 5:30 PM, PST which is great because we can watch the game, have a few beers, and then celebrate the Eagles win at dinner!

Thanks, Bob,Deb,Tom,Jean,Frank,Nancy!

I was on the Star in July in Alaska and yes they do have ESPN. In the Red Lion Pub, they have one of those "multi-screen" things with several tv pictures on it. Some days all the boxes had ESPN on it and some days they had several games being played. I'm sure you could ask!

Thanks! Since that will be the only game being played at the time..........I hope they will put it on all the screens! GO BIRDS!! Bob

I was on Holland America in May and they had an ESPN channel. The problem was that it was an international version and so it wasn't always the programming you expected. There were some NBA games on if I remember. I just tried to find the ESPN INternational web page and it seems like there isn't one channel called ESPN International but rather a bunch of regional ESPN channels (like ESPN Pacific Rim, ESPN Isreal, ESPN Europe). When I did a search for the game, most of the regional channels had the game you want listed for broadcast. So it looks like you are in luck. Now, the only problem is that you have to root for the Eagles! :)

Dave

Archived