Triumph to New Orleans

Good morning!!

Local news in New Orleans reporting Triumph will replace Elation at New Orleans, beginning in April, 2016. She will assume the 4 and 5 day cruises which Elation has previously handled.

Looking forward to having a 2.0 ship in NOLA again, and to 'making up' for our cancelled Triumph cruise from Galveston.

Did not catch where/if Elation will be repositioned.

Cool news, we are taking our first ever carnival cruise on the elation in a few months, so it would be great to do a different ship the following year also. Is the triumph a new ship?

Negative. Triumph was built in 1999.

Is the triumph a new ship?

Interestingly, Elation and Triumph were launched back to back. Elation in 1998 and Triumph in 1999.

fb695425d967b3e6945523548501e76f.jpg

The elation will be moving to Jacksonville, FL. Anyone that's been on both the elation and triumph, would you say the triumph is an improvement aside from the 2.0 remodel? First time cruiser here AND that's supposed to be our wedding cruise lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So Jacksonville gets Elation, not really an upgrade from what they had, but at least they still have a ship.

Triumph to NOLA and Magic to Canaveral.

That's three pretty big moves.

Don't forget the Liberty & the Breeze are moving to Galveston to replace the Triumph & Magic... :D yea HAPPY HAPPY HAPPY

fb695425d967b3e6945523548501e76f.jpg

The elation will be moving to Jacksonville, FL. Anyone that's been on both the elation and triumph, would you say the triumph is an improvement aside from the 2.0 remodel? First time cruiser here AND that's supposed to be our wedding cruise lol.

The Triumph is a big improvement from the Elation. I might sail from NOLA more since Elation is leaving.

Does the Triumph have some of the upgrades that the Dream doesn't? Such as Guy's Burgers or the Alchemy bar? I would definitely be interested in another shorter cruise just to check out those 2.0 upgrades.

Does the Triumph have some of the upgrades that the Dream doesn't? Such as Guy's Burgers or the Alchemy bar? I would definitely be interested in another shorter cruise just to check out those 2.0 upgrades.

I know it for sure has the Guys Burger & Blue Iguana ... unsure about Alchemy bar though.....?

The Triumph is a big improvement from the Elation. I might sail from NOLA more since Elation is leaving.

Thank you :) from checking it out on carnival it looks like an improvement but it's always better to hear from people's experience! We got our "new " room assigned and found that even though they "upgraded" us two spots in interior, the beds won't go together as a king with the two uppers down and since this is our wedding cruise, that's just unacceptable. Unfortunately they didn't offer to do anything except us pay for an upgrade to Oceanview (which I had to do). It looks like it offers A LOT more even though it's only 40 feet longer. We live about 5 hours from NOLA so it's the most convenient port for us.

Edited by Sycofaery

Thank you :) from checking it out on carnival it looks like an improvement but it's always better to hear from people's experience! We got our "new " room assigned and found that even though they "upgraded" us two spots in interior, the beds won't go together as a king with the two uppers down and since this is our wedding cruise, that's just unacceptable. Unfortunately they didn't offer to do anything except us pay for an upgrade to Oceanview (which I had to do). It looks like it offers A LOT more even though it's only 40 feet longer. We live about 5 hours from NOLA so it's the most convenient port for us.

What sounds unfortunate to me is having 2 people in uppers in your cabin on a wedding cruise. :eek:

LOL let me explain- we have three boys (all will be 7 and under, youngest will barely be 2). Every time we have tried to get married, something crazy happens (I got hailed on the last time) so it's taken years for us to finally get married lol.

(Sorry I somehow messed up the quote)

I qualify to answer this question after 6 cruises on Elation and 2 on Triumph.

Elation is a pretty ship and quite nice, but I love Triumph!

Triumph is my very favorite ship.

Just big enough and just small enough.

Yay!

And you lucked up getting changed imo.

Edited by mzloolue