Pacific Sky Isle Of Pines - Too Close to Shore?

lias

Haha , you know its a wonder why the world is such a DRAMATIC place , it takes all kinds of DRAMATIC people to overstress the actual happenings.

You say the only reason you went on the cruise was Wala for your birthday , jesus are you hard to please , you still had your birthday on one of the most beautiful islands in the south pacific.

But i suppose that when there are people on a cruise that are as hard to please as you, they are losing before they start:confused:

Heres a question , wouldnt you have rather have had the lifeboats alongside in case somethig had of happened. and at no time did the captain hide anything from us, he was even letting us know every time a helicopter flew by.

MAybe the only danger you guys were really in was the danger created by your own imagination.:cool:

The fact i chose Wala for my birthday doesn't mean i am hard to please,it just means i am lucky enough to be able to have the choice of whatever i want.There is no need to have digs at people just because their experience was different than yours or they are lucky enough to be able to do whatever they want to do in their lives.I have no way exaggerated anything that i wrote and i have staff backup to prove it,you were lucky that your experience onboard the sky was nice and carefree,if i were in your situation i would be asking for answers especially if my wife and child were aboard that ship!I would cruise again but not on that ship,we were going to follow her overseas next year,but not now.I am not saying that the whole cruise was a letdown,what i am saying is that the situation wasn't explained as much as it could have been,yes the captain spoke to us,but not as much as he should have and staff also said this.

My hubby and me were on the ship when it ran aground and we never saw anybody upset. We were on the 10th deck overlooking the front of the boat and actually saw the boat run aground. We were standing and when it hit ground and we didn't even move, it was that calm. We walked down the stairs from the 10th deck to the 5th where our cabin was and didn't see anything to suggest anybody was distressed, in fact it was really quite exciting. All the staff were fantastic in looking after the passengers and the Captain kept us informed at all times as to what was happening. It certainly wasn't a bad experience, and we got to spend a second day at the beautiful Isle of Pines. We thought the $100 was a nice bonus which we were not expecting. We would not hesitate in recommending going on a cruise with the wonderful people on the ship.:)

I too would have found it exciting. We have been on the Sky twice and would love to go again. Nothing that has happened to that ship over the last few years could put us off going on it again. It's just a pity it is going up to Asia and not staying here.

Pacific Star's first cruise from Brisbane is scheduled for December 18.

We are booked on the 25 March departure to New Caledonia, Vanuatu and Fiji, and we are really looking forward to it.

From what I've seen I think Star will compare favourably with Sky, much more so than Sun did.

Kym

When does the Star start sailing in Oz.? It is coming here next year and looking at the brochure, it doesn't seem to have the round the deck space the Sky has. I am waiting for any opinions on the Star.

Archived