What time is sunset in Key West in January?

Karshrimp

There are 8 of us going on the Rhapsody on January 15th. When we hit Key West, some want to go deep sea fishing while others want to go on the sunset cruise (aka: booze cruise). We are wondering what time is sunset in January since we won't be pulling in there til around 3 or 4 pm? Just wondering if we'll have time...

the date asked for was the 15th, depends slightly on the lat/long used as well . For Lat 24.555 N and Long 081.782 W on Jan 16th 2006 sunset 6:00:23 pm. Then again I'm not using a computer I'm doing it the old fashioned way with an astro table and pencil

You are wrong, she said the ship leaves on the 15th, I didn't look up what day they will be in Key West so I picked the next day. Anyways, the time can't be more than a minute or two off each day so it doesn't matter that much. I think she just wanted an idea when sunset was.

your right, I fixated on the 15th as it was a date given and you need a date to calculate. She actually just asked for the month of January

"We are wondering what time is sunset in January"

so the 15th or 16th would be OK for the approximate average time of sunset in January.

Archived