Excursion, day pass or fly by the seat of our pants

logielainamom

My husband and I are taking our first cruise in April. We will be in Nassau from 12:00 pm to midnight according to the itinerary. We have never been to the Bahamas and would like a beach day to enjoy the water. Anyway, we don't know if we should book a shore excursion, get a day pass at a resort or just play it by ear when we get off the ship. I have researched and researched but can't make up our minds. So I am requesting advice from the experienced. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!!!!

We took a shore excursion to Blue Lagoon Island in Nassau- glad we took a ship's excursion because it is quite a ferry ride over. We had a great day.

We did the Dolphin Encounter, but cruisers can just do a beach day.

On the other hand, we go to Cable Beach (the Melia) on our own for a day pass- liked the big pools, beach, and amenities. Cable Beach has several resorts- some are all-inclusive, but we just get the Melia day pass and buy some iced tea.

If you want a free beach, cabbage beach on paradise island is nice & inexpensive cab ride. Last time we were there, there weren't any chairs or umbrellas, but there was an affordable restaurant with restrooms.

If you want to do the day pass the Melia & Wyndham are lovely. The beach is quiet, there are pools & cash bars. We've enjoyed this option 3 times. Save the cab ride. Take the #10 bus $1.25 pp each way.

We've never found any excursions that interest us.

If you want a free beach, cabbage beach on paradise island is nice & inexpensive cab ride. Last time we were there, there weren't any chairs or umbrellas, but there was an affordable restaurant with restrooms.

There is no restaurant or restrooms on the beach, the closest is at Atlantis Marina Village, about a 10 minute walk from the beach.