palomino island

Lanic24

Has anyone ever been to Palomino Island like while in Puerto Rico??

Was it worth going to? Were you able to go even though it is a private island to the hotel?

I found a water taxi that goes there and just want to make sure it is legit.

Any other beautiful Puerto Rico beach selections?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Has anyone ever been to Palomino Island like while in Puerto Rico??

Was it worth going to? Were you able to go even though it is a private island to the hotel?

I found a water taxi that goes there and just want to make sure it is legit.

Any other beautiful Puerto Rico beach selections?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Been there, but we were staying at El Conquistador. I think it's their private island. Call the hotel, and ask them if you have to be a guest to go there.

• 1 year later...
Been there, but we were staying at El Conquistador. I think it's their private island. Call the hotel, and ask them if you have to be a guest to go there.

I know this is an older thread, but hopefully you are still active on here.

Since you said you went there, and it's a private island of El Conquistador, can you tell me more about it? What is there to do there? Does it cost if you are staying at El Conquistador?

El Con Resort is on a cliff ... and as such does not have a beach. To get around that, they lease part of a private island for their guests to use. The resort provides complimentary transportation between the island and the resort. The island is for the use of El Con guests, only.

There are snorkel tours that go to the uninhabited island of Icacos ... 2 islands up the chain from Palamino.

Icacos is managed by the PR Dept of Natural Resources.

El Con Resort is on a cliff ... and as such does not have a beach. To get around that, they lease part of a private island for their guests to use. The resort provides complimentary transportation between the island and the resort. The island is for the use of El Con guests, only.

There are snorkel tours that go to the uninhabited island of Icacos ... 2 islands up the chain from Palamino.

Icacos is managed by the PR Dept of Natural Resources.

Thank you for this explanation. I didn't know if it was something the resorts guests have to pay for (since I did learn that you have to buy a pass to their waterpark even if you are staying there...which I think is crappy) or if you got to go there for free.