Volendam- Cabin 6154 opposite laundry, Is it too noisy

packed already

We are sailing on the Volendam to Alaska in May, I have just been allocated my cabin - Verandah Deck Cabin 6154. It is opposite the laundry. Can anyone advise what times the laundry is open and if you have sailed with a cabin opposite the laundry was it too noisy?

Thanks

I'm on the Volendam now, the laundry on the sixth is gone, only one on the whole ship is deck three and when we went to code red out of Hong Kong they closed it so you could only have your laundry done by the 20 dollar bag or wash yourself. We are in 6211 and there is massive vibration through the back of the ship when we dock, but it does ensure you never sleep in

The verandahs under the aft pool can be very noisy. The usual chair scraping and daily moving of furniture. The most troublesome is the early morning deck cleaning by the staff. (Sounds like heard of elephants when the tables are dragged off to the side, then dragged back.) When the band is playing for sail-aways, etc., more banging and vibrations.

I'm on the Volendam now, the laundry on the sixth is gone]

Thanks for the information, I have now decided to get the weekly laundry service, (once I work out how to book it) and glad I won't be hearing the laundry door slam when people are careless enough to let it go.

Can't wait for May to come.

Enjoy your cruise, as are having a great time on the Volendam and I'm sure you will too.

Thanks, can you tell me when and where "Happy Hour" or 2 for 1 drinks are served, also what are the shows like in the evening. Also are the pools heated?:

I have never been on a HAL cruise previously but certainly looking forward to it, even if I do have to wait until May.

Hope you are enjoying your cruise.:o

My husband and I were directly across the laundry room on deck 3 (Lower Promenade ) and did not hear any commotion from the washers and dryers.

There were two Happy Hours during our cruise~~from 4-5 and 6-7 in the Ocean Bar.

Have a great cruise! :)