Cruise Port Hotels New York

bunky144

I will be on the Canada/NewEngland Cruise in October and would like some information on where to stay post cruise, what hotels are close to cruise port? Is there any area recommended for seeing the sites in New York? Is Times Square area close to the cruise port? Thank you in advance for any information you might provide, Happy Cruising!

Being a New Yorker, I can DEFINITIVELY state that you do NOT want a hotel close to the cruise port. That area is not one of the safest, and, besides, there's really nothing worth doing there, except for the INTREPID Air, Space & Sea Museum (which IS worthwhile). Where you want to stay depends on what you like; Times Square is OK, with several hotels (a mile or so from the port). The area around Rockefeller Center, in my opinion, is a bit more favorable (about a mile and a half, or so). Check the various web sites for pricing ... all of the major chains are represented in those areas.

We have just returned from a weeks stay in New York before boarding our cruise ship in Boston and we stayed at a lovely boutique hotel on Park Avenue. It was the Sheraton Russell which is handy to everything. It is on the corner of 37th street and from our bedroom window we could see the Empire State Building.

The rooms are not large but have everything you need and the area surrounding the hotel is residential - Murray Hill - so there were lots of restaurants to eat in. Our nearest subway was Grand Central which is so beautiful.

I booked this hotel last year direct through Starwood and we got a great rate with breakfast included.

Jennie

Archived