Infinity Concierge Room vs Balcony Room

sfilbert

Here, here, John! Well said, indeed.

I have long had it up-to-here with a certain person's bragging in every one of their postings of these aft cabin balconies and their huge size .... pompous and delusional to think anyone gives a flying monkey about what she prefers in cabins.

I'm new to X and I enjoyed reading the huge praise about the aft cabins (the same conversation can be found on any of the cruise boards here because many people, no matter what cruise line seem to enjoy these cabins).

I think the excitment people feel over their cruise is contagious and I also enjoy reading the opinions on which cabins are the best because it does help me to decide which is right for me.

I don't think it's 'bragging' at all....most comments and opinions on these boards are educational and I consider the posts about aft cabins to be just that. In all the posts about aft cabins, I've NEVER seen anyone say they wouldn't have one again.....that was enough to encourage me to book one.

I can't wait to try it!!!

If I'm bragging, so be it. I'll worry about what people think of me after I'm off the ship (or not) ;)

I've gone back over MACOP's posts and can't find anything in them that is pompous or seems like bragging in any way....to me it seems to be just his/her (?) opinion.

I've spent cruises in inside cabins (and probably will in the future as well...I'm certainly not going to be able to afford CC afts for every cruise, although it would be lovely) and I don't find those posts to be 'braggy'. Maybe some people are just a bit sensitive?????

My personal preference is a Mid-ship cabin. I actually like the CC cabins and find generally the price is worth booking it. Especially if I can get one of the ones with the extended balcony (thats actually one of my criteria for booking, has to have the extended balcony). Contrary to others, I am one who purposely avoids those so called precious "aft" cabins. First, in very rough seas I will get a bit queasy. I take bonine to ease it, but not worth having to deal within my cabin, so I go more mid-ship. Second, they aren't all that private and we are two people who don't need that much room. Third, with the balconies on the side, especially if they are "bump" balconies, you can see forward and aft as well as many sunsets or sunrises. Truly beautiful sights. I loved watching as we approached a port - can't see that from a middle aft balcony.

I have found that the CC amendities are more my preference (having just had a Sky suite to compare). I like the bedding much better, the robes are great and the menu is better. I didn't find a need for the butler, and we too switched our canapes to cheese. The biggest benefit was the extra space we had in the suite. It really made a difference, so to me the extra space INSIDE the cabin between a 2A and a CC is also worth it. That 20 sq ft is noticable for sure.

It really comes down to preferences, so where MACOP may never want a mid-ship CC, I'd never take an aft. So - it's a wash!

Archived