Just another Carnival entertainment complaint

TNCruzer56

Perhaps, it was because we sailed The Allure previous to The Sunshine, a few days ago, with all it`s fantastic shows, venues and continuous live music.

Not only are the corny, but fun production skits (Tribute to America-etc....) gone, but replaced with street corner jugglers and salute to Motown, 80s etc., horrid singers.

The only real quality entertainment was the George Lopez comedy club. The comedians were hilarious, both family and 18+ shows. The adult shows weren't laced with easy comic profanities, but incredibly clever routines.

Pax, however, desperate for quality (like us) had to wait in line 20 to 45 minutes to get just a decent seat. The lines increased every night.

To end on a positive note, the food variety and quality has moved up a notch or two and service (room and wait staff) were great. JMHO

Perhaps, it was because we sailed The Allure previous to The Sunshine, a few days ago, with all it`s fantastic shows, venues and continuous live music.

Not only are the corny, but fun production skits (Tribute to America-etc....) gone, but replaced with street corner jugglers and salute to Motown, 80s etc., horrid singers.

The only real quality entertainment was the George Lopez comedy club. The comedians were hilarious, both family and 18+ shows. The adult shows weren't laced with easy comic profanities, but incredibly clever routines.

Pax, however, desperate for quality (like us) had to wait in line 20 to 45 minutes to get just a decent seat. The lines increased every night.

To end on a positive note, the food variety and quality has moved up a notch or two and service (room and wait staff) were great. JMHO

As a Carnival fan, this sounds like a typical Carnival cruise to me. At least it's my experience. Good service, fairly good food, good comedy, marginal (at best) entertainment. Not mentioned but I'll add in good ports too.

As a Carnival fan, this sounds like a typical Carnival cruise to me. At least it's my experience. Good service, fairly good food, good comedy, marginal (at best) entertainment. Not mentioned but I'll add in good ports too.

I was thinking the same thing. I sail other lines but I still enjoy Carnival cruises. I never board a Carnival ship with the expectation of great entertainment. On the few times it has been better than marginal (Glory and Freedom), but not better than other lines, I have been pleasantly surprised....we also normally have good service, good food, good comedy and good ports which makes it a great value for what we normally pay compared to what we pay for our cruises on other lines with the better entertainment.