NCL Sun: 4/29 - 5/16; No sailings, what's going on?

Phamer55

I see that the NCL Sun arrives in San Francisco on 4/29/16 and starts her Alaska season on 5/16/2016 out of Vancouver....Any one know what is going on in between? I'd guess a dry dock, but perhaps a series of unannounced SF sailings? I'm sure even with a dry dock there would be a repo SF - VAN that I would be very interested in.

I see that the NCL Sun arrives in San Francisco on 4/29/16 and starts her Alaska season on 5/16/2016 out of Vancouver....Any one know what is going on in between? I'd guess a dry dock, but perhaps a series of unannounced SF sailings? I'm sure even with a dry dock there would be a repo SF - VAN that I would be very interested in.

I see on 5/8/15 a 10 day Glacier bay from Vancouver - The 4/19 cruise from Tampa to Vancouver maybe sold out and wouldn't show for bookings??

Edited by debnjoe1438

I'm talking about 2016, not this year...I did just take a look at CruiseCal.com and it does show a dry dock with no repo cruise :-(

I was surprised to see that information on that site. Sorry SF Bay Area cruises, looks like we've missed out on some good SF cruises. I'm secretly hoping that the dry dock gets cancelled for whatever reason (or at least shortened) and they announce last minute SF cruises! This did happen years ago, when the NCL Spirit had a dry dock shortened in SF and we got 3 roundtrip SF cruises, including a couple of "cruise to no-where" voyages.

I'm talking about 2016, not this year...I did just take a look at CruiseCal.com and it does show a dry dock with no repo cruise :-(

I was surprised to see that information on that site. Sorry SF Bay Area cruises, looks like we've missed out on some good SF cruises. I'm secretly hoping that the dry dock gets cancelled for whatever reason (or at least shortened) and they announce last minute SF cruises! This did happen years ago, when the NCL Spirit had a dry dock shortened in SF and we got 3 roundtrip SF cruises, including a couple of "cruise to no-where" voyages.

The Jewel and the Star also had no repo or ctn voyages post dry dock. Will the Sun's 2016 dry dock be in San Francisco like the Jewel or maybe in Portland like the Star?

Edited by herdingdogmom