Post your best cruise picture

Henrik_Keller

Which one are you having trouble linking to?

This one ...

100_2104.jpg?imgmax=800

This one ...

100_2221.jpg?imgmax=800

This one ...

100_2213.jpg?imgmax=800

Or this one ...

100_2154.jpg?imgmax=800

OMG I have this same photo as the second one it is my screen saver at work I took while on a cab on the way to Trunks bay st johns this past may our bbf got married in St thomas...

I'm sure this is ONE OF my best ones....

So many that I cannot select just one but this one I dreamed for 3 years before my cruise....

I always thought I would wake up open my curtain and see this image....ACTUALLY I woke up...opened the curtain and.......COULDN'T OPEN MY EYES BECAUSE THE SUN WAS RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME AND THE ROOM WAS DARK....:D ...then I had to wait but the sun was still facing my balcony and I couldn't see SANTORINI(The main reason for our cruise) very well....

So I decided to wait...explored the island which is the most beautiful place I've been and when I came back to the ship I could take this dream picture from my balcony and I could say "I've been there" but acually it is still weird to think I've been there...

Well...thanks for listening for my short story.... hope you like the picture:D

548278609_Picture930.jpg.bfbd51a0a6baa8ee7d6e73e7604a08bb.jpg

Thomas,

It is a Very popular shot.

But I actually flipped my daily calendar over last week and there was a shot of the Trunk Bay beach almost identical to the 3rd one posted. (just without the people)

Isn't it awesome to know that we have been at some of the most photographed beaches in the Caribbean?

Well, I have some new ones to post ...

IMG_3045.jpg

Taken from my balcony ...

LadyLibertyII.jpg

One that didn't get away (from the Carnival Victory) ...

Fish.jpg

A couple more from my balcony ...

SSIMG_0254.jpg

SSIMG-0014.jpg

I just like the color and mood of this one (night time - hand held) ...

SSIMG-0003.jpg

Good morning Manhattan ...

YIMG_0378.jpg

SSIMG_0269.jpg

Finally got a good photo of El Arco (third time to Cabo) ...

IMG_3471.jpg

This was the sunrise that greeted me prior to arriving at Cabo ...

SRCabo_3459.jpg

And this was the sunrise that greeted me prior to our arrival in Acapulco (I had a forward facing balcony on the NCL Jade) ...

SRAca_3660.jpg

SRAca_3656.jpg

We overnited in Acapulco (moon rise) ...

IMG_3692.jpg

These kids are balancing those rocks by hand to make those towers ...

IMG_3578.jpg

Sunset leaving PV ...

SSPV_3632.jpg

Sunset leaving Los Angeles ...

SSLA_3388.jpg

Sunrise in Miami ...

SRMai_5113.jpg

Sunrise prior to a day at sea ...

SRsea_3817m.jpg

Hey, Bryan!!! Long time, no see!

Congrats on your adorable new Grandbaby, Nathan... He sure is a cutie!!!

Jackie

Hi Jackie, it has been a long time. How've you been? Our grandson is doing real good. We used to babysit him once a week, but Dad is on a different shift now so we don't do that, although we still see him a couple times a week.

I don't know if you have any new cruises planned but we'll be on the Carnival Victory May 3, 2009 with a bunch of our Barefoot Cruisers group. I'm taking a photography class now, so hopefully I'll know how to use all those dials and buttons on my year old DSLR camera and I'll be able to post some good photos. ;)

Bryan

Hi Jackie, it has been a long time. How've you been? Our grandson is doing real good. We used to babysit him once a week, but Dad is on a different shift now so we don't do that, although we still see him a couple times a week.

I don't know if you have any new cruises planned but we'll be on the Carnival Victory May 3, 2009 with a bunch of our Barefoot Cruisers group. I'm taking a photography class now, so hopefully I'll know how to use all those dials and buttons on my year old DSLR camera and I'll be able to post some good photos. ;)

Bryan

Bryan,

Glad to hear you're having so much fun with your Grandson. Enjoy him!!!

We don't have anything planned. We were thinking about October 5th since that was DH's vacation week. He teaches in a private school and only gets the 4 weeks off between each of the semesters. (one at a time) It's not like when he was at his previous job and we could pick and choose our weeks. :( He's off Christmas week and it's tough to leave the family then, again the week of April 20th, but I have to check and make sure spring break is over.

I see that Jean-Michel is also going on your cruise. He was going on the Dawn repo November 2 with our other cruising buddies, but I don't think his sister could get the time off. A nice 13 day cruise and I sure wish we were going. Who knows, maybe I'll find someone who wants to go on the Carnival with me and leave poor hubby home. :eek:

I'm still playing with my Rebel, but also using my Olympus until I get a decent lens for the Rebel. They're more than the camera!!!

Hope you're enjoying your class and learning a lot. I'll look forward to seeing more pics from you.

Jackie

Cuizer2:

What camera do you use? Lenses? Techniques....please tell?

Amazing photography. I have been a photographer for years... just private/personal, not professional, and it has rubbed off on my dtr who is a graphic arts designer/photojournalist/photographer. I am now learning techniques from her, lol.

Had to comment on your photos, they are really nice.

Cuizer2:

What camera do you use? Lenses? Techniques....please tell?

Amazing photography. I have been a photographer for years... just private/personal, not professional, and it has rubbed off on my dtr who is a graphic arts designer/photojournalist/photographer. I am now learning techniques from her, lol.

Had to comment on your photos, they are really nice.

All the photos from the Victory, North Atlantic, New York ... are from my newest camera, a Canon A590IS ...

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=183&modelid=16336

The ones from the Jade, Paradise, Mexico and Caribbean are from the camera the A590IS replaced, an A620 ...

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/controller?act=ModelInfoAct&fcategoryid=145&modelid=12072

The main differences are:

The 590 is image stabilized, is eight mega-pixels, uses 2 AA batteries and is small (almost to the extent of being toy like).

The 620 is not image stabilized, is seven mega-pixels, uses 4 AA batteries, is still small but not to the point of being toy like, and the LCD screen comes out and rotates (great for taking very low angle photos, shooting over people's heads, taking candid photos (because the camera is not next to your eye, so they don't realize you have focusing on them) or taking a hand held self portrait (since you can see the screen and thus tell what will be and will not be in the shot).