Post your best cruise picture

Henrik_Keller

well thank you for that information.

I may try that next time.

I also see some photos that are quite large. As far as I can see, I am using the largest allowed when posting mine, how does that work?

The size of the picture you post depends on how you post it. If you are attaching the photo, then CC limits the size of the photo because photos take up a lot of storage, and large photos take up very large amounts of storage.

If the photo is already hosted on the Internet (Photobucket and Webshots are two well know and free photo hosting sites) then you actually provide a link to the photo. Since the link to a small photo takes up as much room as a link to a large photo, you are not limited in the size of the photos you can post (however, Webshots does limit you to a maxumum of 600 x 600 pixels).

From Photobucket ...

Carnival-Miracle.jpg

legend.jpg

Pride-OH.jpg

Spirit.jpg

From Webshots ...

2748487290095309218S600x600Q85.jpg

2556323280095309218S600x600Q85.jpg

Six photos (including smilies) are the most you can put in any one post. The photos you posted are as big as can be posted from Webshots.

Edited by Cuizer2

... Since the link to a small photo takes up as much room as a link to a large photo, you are not limited in the size of the photos you can post (however, Webshots does limit you to a maxumum of 600 x 600 pixels)....

Though technically true, there is another factor that causes sites to limit image size...bandwidth.

While a link to a 100KB file on WebShots takes up the same space in a CC posting as a link to a 4MB file, when you click on it, the 4MB file requires 40 times the internet network usage to deliver it to your monitor from WebShots' server. Since carriers and hosts charge for usage by volume by month, some sites limit the size of linked files to keep costs down.

It all comes down to dollars and cents in the end, doesn't it? :)

Dave

Though technically true, there is another factor that causes sites to limit image size...bandwidth.

While a link to a 100KB file on WebShots takes up the same space in a CC posting as a link to a 4MB file, when you click on it, the 4MB file requires 40 times the internet network usage to deliver it to your monitor from WebShots' server. Since carriers and hosts charge for usage by volume by month, some sites limit the size of linked files to keep costs down.

It all comes down to dollars and cents in the end, doesn't it? :)

Dave

Of course you are correct. However, since Photobucket limits bandwidth on the free accounts, but not on the paid accounts, this is taken care in a different way. Typically I use about 30% of my allocation per month.