Post your best cruise picture

Henrik_Keller

OK this is all making some sense to me now.

From what I get so far, is the Webshots site I have (free) will allow what it offers (100-600), so the size of 600 is the largest I will get from there. Your Photobucket photos above are larger, is this from a "paid' site or a 'free' site ? I am not linking mine on, right, I am posting them on here? A link would be a typed out link with no photo visible here until it is clicked on and brought to the actual site where other photos could be seen as well.

I guess I am happy enough, the photos shown here are large enough, so I'm not pursuing it further.

I do thank you all for getting me through all this, I have wanted to post photos to threads for a long time and was not doing it right at all. I was told to go on UserCP and all kinds of places on here that had froze up my computer several times and I just gave up trying.

There is someone on a Carnival thread asking how to do this too, but from their computer not a photo site like Webshots. That I wouldn't know how to do.

OK this is all making some sense to me now.

From what I get so far, is the Webshots site I have (free) will allow what it offers (100-600), so the size of 600 is the largest I will get from there. Your Photobucket photos above are larger, is this from a "paid' site or a 'free' site ? I am not linking mine on, right, I am posting them on here? A link would be a typed out link with no photo visible here until it is clicked on and brought to the actual site where other photos could be seen as well.

I guess I am happy enough, the photos shown here are large enough, so I'm not pursuing it further.

I do thank you all for getting me through all this, I have wanted to post photos to threads for a long time and was not doing it right at all. I was told to go on UserCP and all kinds of places on here that had froze up my computer several times and I just gave up trying.

There is someone on a Carnival thread asking how to do this too, but from their computer not a photo site like Webshots. That I wouldn't know how to do.

You can post a link where no picture is available. However, I am not posting that kind of a link. I call it a visible link because you see the actual photo as though I did post it, but in fact it is just a link. Right click on the photo and left click on properties and you will get the actual location for that photo.

This may surprise you, but I pay for my Webshots account (so I can download an unlimited number of screen saver photos - I have over two thousand), and not for my Photobucket account. So yes, the Photobucket photos are from a free site. The maximum size I am permitted with Photobucket is 1024 x 1024 (the Miricle photo is 1024 x 768).

You are linking your photos from Webshots. You post the link code and though the photo shows up in your post, it is not actually stored there. It is stored in your Webshots account. You are doing fine (if others can see your photos, you did it right).

If you review the thread will see several thumb nail photos. Clicking on the photo produces a larger photo. Those photos are actually being stored by CC. I believe it is done with the paper clip, though I have never posted a photo that way. Posting the first photo is the hardest. After that is becomes fairly easy. I can ever post your photos ...

2525284830096084054S600x600Q85.jpg

2664945540096084054S600x600Q85.jpg

2833407000096084054S600x600Q85.jpg

2508073200096084054S600x600Q85.jpg

2947683930096084054S600x600Q85.jpg

Oh cool there they are again....

You guys are so computer savvy, alot of this is out of this world for me. Although I am on a comuter alot (both at work and pc at home), I navigate around in my familiar pathways routinely. But this all sounds rather interesting. I have just started experimenting with my camera settings lately. It's a computer in itself too. It's always fascinating to try new things.:cool:

Can you tell what camera I have from the photos I post?

You guys are so computer savvy, alot of this is out of this world for me. Although I am on a comuter alot (both at work and pc at home), I navigate around in my familiar pathways routinely. But this all sounds rather interesting. I have just started experimenting with my camera settings lately. It's a computer in itself too. It's always fascinating to try new things.:cool:

Some photos do contain the name and model of the camera, along with the shutter and aperture setting. I believe Dave is better at getting this information than I am. Many times I can get this information off the photos stored on my hard drive.

I don't know if you can from the photo on CC, but if you follow it back to Photobucket, you can see the info on the bottom right side - for example, the first photo in you Carnival Triumph Eastern Caribbean cruise album - http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2996401710096084054rNKccV

[b]find similar pictures[/b]

This picture is filed in [url="http://travel.webshots.com/"]travel[/url] and 	[url="http://travel.webshots.com/tag/cruises"]cruises[/url]. 			

Find more pictures about [url="http://www.webshots.com/search?query=Cold+temps+%2c+but+a+sunny+day+driving+to+Mpls+for+our+flight+to++Miami"]
Cold temps , but a sunny day driving to Mpls for our flight to  Miami[/url]. 					 				

[b]picture dates[/b]
Uploaded:Dec 24, 2007
Taken on:Dec 7, 2007 			

[b]Camera data [/b]

Make:Canon
Model:Canon PowerShot A640
F stop:F/6.3
Exposure:1/1250 sec.
Focal length:7.3 mm
Flash:flash did not fire, auto mode (24)
Metering mode:pattern (5)
Dimensions:2400x1800
Shutter speed (Tv):10.3 				 		 			

And I think if you copy that photo from Photobucket, you'd be able to get the full EXIF information. See this wikipedia link if you want to learn more about this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchangeable_image_file_format

Edited by websailor

Oh, Ok, that is interesting.

That is my camera. I love it and am just starting to find all the things it can do. It is a 10 mpx and I rarely use the flash.

The photos are on Webshots.

hi501.gif LOL, well give a challenge to an IT geek and that's what you have to expect. :D

You should see what happened on CC for our last cruise where we had a bunch of computer folks and someone commented that it was a "Geek Cruise"! We had weekly challenges where you had to work to figure out the answers....then we doubled it since some of the cruisers felt left out, so we had cruise trivia questions. By the time we got on board the ship, we all knew each other quite well - at our get together, we had prizes and award certificates!

BTW, your pictures are great! I read your posts about the new camera - it sounds like a great camera. I'm glad to see you are trying different things with it.

36_13_13.gif

Yes, also Webshots has an area on the right side of the page where they have the camera statistics, I think Shutterfly does too. That must be for people who want to know more about the photos (camera, settings on the cmera, flash or no flash). Thanks for nice comments on photos. I don't mind constructive criticism, always learning more about the craft.

I've had a camera attached to my hand for many years, I love photography, and it has rubbed off on my dtr too, she is a professional lifestyle photographer in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Here is her site:

http://khollystudios.com

I sure enjoy seeing all these photos on here. Lots of talented photographers...keep them coming. :)

OK, I have two photos I am going to try to share

Not having any luck. I have them in webshots. I going into a new post and click the paperclick. Hit upload from URL and I copy and paste the web address from webshots. Is this correct??

I do it a little differently. 1)I click on my webshots photo 2) select "link to it" on the right 3) select 600 for photo size 4) highlight the last of the 3 choices for copy/pasting (to a forum) 5) then copy/paste it into the new post on cruise critic.

2814081980103583464jPGMnj_th.jpg

Hey, I did it. Thanks for the help.

Now I just need to decide which of these two photos I am going to have made into an 20x30 oil painting for my bedroom. Found a great website with very reasonable prices.

You're quite welcome. :D