Drink service by the pool (Dawn)

BeachMartini

Hi All,

I'm trying to recall the "range" of poolside drink service on the Dawn. It's been 3 years since I've sailed on her. The UBP has got me excited for cocktails in the sun!

Do you need to be in the immediate pool area for service? In the stadium seating? What about the deck above, on the sides that look down over the pool? Or forward on deck 10 in the quieter area?

I remember hearing "drinky drinky!" Just can't remember where we were sitting. In any case we always start with a nice tip to keep our new friend returning often.

Also, any comments in general about how the UBP has affected the service/prevalence of wait staff, if at all?

Thanks!

Around the pool and the stadium seats is usually quite easy to get drink service. Here's a tip: pick out a bar server that you want to exclusively use for all your drinks and give them a little tip and tell them you will get your drinks exclusively from him/her, and they will come by often where ever you are and make sure you are never waiting for a drink.

What about the deck above, on the sides that look down over the pool? Or forward on deck 10 in the quieter area?

You will have servers that go to this area but it's not as frequent as the poolside area. DH and I would often walk down to the bar to get a drink.

Edited by nets33