Prebooking Specialty Restaurants

BeachMartini

Hi All,

Finally hit my 90 day window:D

Just went to book my husband I and the couple we are traveling with for Teppanyaki for our first night. I was surprised to find that we would have to prepay for this. I SWEAR last cruise (3 years ago) we didn't and it just appeared on my shipboard account. Am I crazy, or did something change?

Is this the same for shore ex now as well? I swear that wasn't prepay either!

Making all of these ressies for 4 people in advance is going to get expensive, and be a pain to manage, getting my friends to reimburse me. In your experience, Dawn to BDA June 12-19, will they be necessary? I know the answer is yes for Teppanyaki. But what about the rest?

We tend to book in advance for sea days and leave port days open to chance.

Thanks!

Shore excursions and specialty restaurants have always been charged at the time of booking!

If you have the UDP, then there is a zero balance owed, but if not, it is not taken from OBC and you have to provide a credit card at the time of booking.

How do you suppose we will fare if we book for the week as soon as we board?

Probably just fine - only a minority of tables is even bookable in advance (rumour here says about a third) so if you make reservations as soon as possible after boarding, you should get all the times you want.

Edited by Demonyte

Hi All,

Just went to book my husband I and the couple we are traveling with for Teppanyaki for our first night. I was surprised to find that we would have to prepay for this. I SWEAR last cruise (3 years ago) we didn't and it just appeared on my shipboard account. Am I crazy, or did something change?

Making all of these ressies for 4 people in advance is going to get expensive, and be a pain to manage, getting my friends to reimburse me. In your experience, Dawn to BDA June 12-19, will they be necessary? I know the answer is yes for Teppanyaki. But what about the rest?

Thanks!

Yes this allows NCL to use your money for 90 days, however you earn next to nothing if you left it the bank so no big deal.

How do you suppose we will fare if we book for the week as soon as we board?

I'd be a bit nervous if you wanted prime time reservations for say Le Bistro or Cagney's. They sells out very fast for "good" times. I just got my 90 days open and did book and pre-pay for Le Bistro restaurant for a 7.30pm sitting. We also like La Cucina but that's pretty open and easy to book once you are on the ship. I'm hoping same for the Illusionarium!

Hi All,

Thanks!

If you want a popular shore excursion, I would book ahead of time. Otherwise it might not be available when you sail. The restaurants I would wait and book on board.