Canada on the Sunshine Summer 2016

bdavis932

I'm trying to decide between a Cloud 9 spa interior cabin on deck 10 and a cabin on deck 7. I'm concerned that if we choose the spa cabin (10126) we may hear the fog horn all night and early mornings. Anyone have any experience with this?

We had a exterior cabin, deck two on the Glory for Canada in June 2012 and we had lots of fog. Never bothered by fog horn. the only noise was from loading luggage that sounded like they were hitting my head all night --- our sailing weather was so foggy and bad we lost a day because ship was delayed arriving to Boston - we didn't board until during the night (started around midnight - 3 am) then we left around noon on our 2nd day --- barely before the next storm rolled in.

I would do Canada in July - I just told a friend this last night. Especially after the winter Boston had this year! in 2012 it was an early summer and it was warm early (whales Migrated early due to warm weather - caused issues!!) (yes, I said Whales!) - I can't image how crazy the weather will be this June since they're still getting snow and it's almost April.

Edited by arpie05

Thanks. I think our Glory cruise in 2013 was the cruise right after yours. We left out on June 9th if I remember correctly. On that cruise we were in an inside stateroom on the Empress deck (deck 7?) and we couldn't hear the fog-horn, thankfully, because it went all night for 3 nights every 90 seconds! I feel like people on the Lido deck would for sure have to hear it. I've never cruised on the sunshine but by looking at the deckplan the Cloud 9 spa rooms look like they might be within ear-shot too. I think I will just go with my gut feeling and book a lower room and save the Cloud 9 experience for a different cruise!

I live in Newfoundland and June is great here for icebergs and whales, though weather can be all over the map. Unfortunately Carnival doesn't call here. Last year we had a snow storm in May (after our Caribbean cruise) and it was freezing here in June while I was waiting for a friend to visit. She arrived to beautiful weather, sunshine and icebergs what more could you want. Unfortunately it rained for the whole month of August (Sogust as opposed to Fogust 3 years earlier). Some years we can't see the sun for fog for 3 weeks straight. It's really hard to predict weather is Atlantic Canada.