What would you do? Early saver question

This is the first time we booked early saver for our cruise. We have yet to receive any price drops, which doesn't bother me since I know so far I've gotten the best price. Today I saw the 12 hour promotion for a guaranteed category. If we switch to that rate we would get $160 on board credit. We are currently on the list deck in a balcony, our first time on the list deck. Would you stay or go with the lower rate to get the on board credit?

My PVP explained things to me this way. Once early saver you can book a different rate (such as past guest) with in the same category...balcony to balcony etc or upgrade and pay the difference.

You cannot downgrade. Plus, since you booked early saver originally, you can continue to get price drops or change rates (pack n go for example) and receive OBC up until two days before sailing. Again you have to stay in the same category.

Hope this helps and isn't too confusing.

This is the first time we booked early saver for our cruise. We have yet to receive any price drops, which doesn't bother me since I know so far I've gotten the best price. Today I saw the 12 hour promotion for a guaranteed category. If we switch to that rate we would get $160 on board credit. We are currently on the list deck in a balcony, our first time on the list deck. Would you stay or go with the lower rate to get the on board credit?

Do you mean Lido deck? You have to decide what is more important. For me, I don't care where my room is so I would take the OBC. If you are picky about your room stay with early saver.

My PVP explained things to me this way. Once early saver you can book a different rate (such as past guest) with in the same category...balcony to balcony etc or upgrade and pay the difference.

You cannot downgrade. Plus, since you booked early saver originally, you can continue to get price drops or change rates (pack n go for example) and receive OBC up until two days before sailing. Again you have to stay in the same category.

Hope this helps and isn't too confusing.

That does help. Thank you! I think we'll just stay put.

With Early Saver you're allowed to give up your assigned cabin switch ONCE to a Guarantee, I believe no further price drops though for the Guarantee - you might have to be persistent to get this. Ken