Anybody Done A Spring Break Cruise? Good? Bad?

I think Spring break is hit and miss. We just got off the Liberty of the Seas 5 day Western Caribbean 3-14 thru 3-19 and there were some breakers on board, and families, but neither were over the top at all. In fact, I had prepared my family and my kids were "disappointed" they didn't witness more drunken stupidity as they thought it would be entertaining. There really wasn't any to speak of. Bar lines not bad at all, really didn't even see that much in Cozumel and there were 6 ships in port that day. HOWEVER, the cruise prior I was reading horrifying accounts on the same ship (LOS) of 1700 Florida College Breakers acting terrible as you can imagine, slinging passed out girls over their shoulders upon return from port, taking over the pool deck, basic animal house scene is what was described. So, hit or miss.

We enjoyed our family spring break cruise tremendously and it was a sold out ship. Never felt over crowded or anything. I would guess however that the 3-5 day cruises will be more likely to have college spring breakers than longer cruises and likely more out of Florida Ports would be my guess.

Just returned from a Spring Break cruise on Allure, with 3 college senior and their other halves, not much different from other cruises on Allure or Oasis, did not see many big groups or unrowdy students at all. Had a great time

Just off the Vision this past Saturday and while there were a number of Spring Breakers, after maybe the 2nd day, they seemed to disappear. First full day was a sea day, and that was pretty bad... impossible to get a deck chair anywhere, pools were packed, a lot of drunken guys ( not so many girls...) But after that they seemed to settle down and I cant say we really noticed them after that. Sure there were a few... but much better. Daughter is 24, and beyond all that ... but did enjoy the dance party on deck ( with the crew spraying them with water... ) and I expect the Sexiest Man in the World contest was maybe a bit more... uninhibited than is probably normal...

I am guessing maybe with it being a 7 day cruise it was not as packed with that demographic as a shorter Nassau one. I specifically picked one that seemed less likely to be a party ship. We had first seating, and I am guessing most of them had 2nd, or else ate in the Windjammer.

The Solarium was quiet and we had no issues in there at all.

Seriously, I would not worry too much if you give some thought to the itinerary and the length of the trip..

We have done two spring break cruises. We just returned from OAS on Saturday during spring break. I too was apprehensive about it, but we went with my brother's family and they are all a bunch of educators so it was the only time they could all go.

The fares did seem to be higher if you wait to book. We booked a year out and the fares seemed no more higher than any other time. They did go up quickly at about the nine month mark. They were much less than trying to go during Thanksgiving or Christmas, which is why we switched to spring break.

I think if you stay away from the 3-4 day cruises it will be fine. My observations have been families with young, pre-teen, and teens. The older ones probably go to land locations where the drinking age is 18.

Other than cost I wouldn't hesitate to do another spring break cruise.

We've done 3 spring break cruises and have a fourth booked for 2016. 1 was a 5 day and the other 2 were 7 day. Lots of families w/ kids but not too many college students surprisingly. Sailed out of NOLA (Voyager), Tampa (Radiance) and Canaveral (Freedom). Next one is Independence out of Everglades. As long as we miss Easter the pricing isnt too bad.

Short cruise will be more of a party boat atmosphere. Week or more cruise will be more families with kids of all ages. If you are worried about the number of kids on board then don't go in March or April. I have never been bothered by the amount of kids, I leave in 4 days for my 3rd spring break cruise but I would never do a short one.

We just did Enchntment 3 day on March 13 and it was a mix of college and teens and small kids with families. The clubs were more crowded and livelier than othe cruises we have been on which was cool. The biggest problem we encountered was the smaller children that were allowed to run around amuck runnining into you with no apologies from the parents. We usually cruise in October and we think we will continue to do so :cool:

We leave this week for the three day on the Enchantment and getting worried about all the collage age kids. Never gave it a second thought when we booked it