Glory balcony deck 7 or spa?

CruiseDaddyVT

We are going in the Glory and currently have an aft balcony on deck 7. We can move to a spa balcony for no charge. I understand that its nit a cloud 9 spa but dw does use the gym every day. But on 7 we are 2 floors from most action. What would you do. And we are doing b2b.

From a fellow New Englander, I would stay right where you are. We have had deck 7 aft balconies in the past and loved them. Quiet, convenient location, and the aft elevators are seldom crowded. Also close to the Pizza station. :D

For me, I would stay put.

The Spa deck balconies have no cover. So no protection from sun/rain. Also, the people above can look down on your balcony. No privacy.

If your wife works out, she might consider the walk to the gym as part of her routine.

We were just on the Glory in February and had a Spa balcony room. Loved it. So quiet up there, minimal amount of rooms and no traffic. Husband and son used the locker room facilities every day for showering, so convenient. Yes the balconies offered no privacy from above but with the exception of 1 day (departing Roatan), we never even noticed anyone up there. In fact the few times people would stand there to watch the ship depart when they noticed us on the balcony below they left. I'd stay on Spa deck again in a heart beat.

We had a spa deck balcony on Glory and didn't care for it. We had bad weather on our cruise and, since the balcony wasn't covered, we couldn't use it for a good portion of the cruise. It didn't seem to drain well, so it stayed wet. Aside from weather issues, when we were on the balcony we had folks on deck 12 above looking down on us. We even had a conversation with folks a couple of times. And every night when Camp Carnival closed, we got the "herd of elephants" thundering down the stairs from deck 12 to get to the elevators on Spa Deck. (Mind you, we had no noise from Camp Carnival itself. And the "elephants" included some parents.) I did like being near the spa since I love Glory's pool/hot tub in the gym area, but I'm much happier being aft and walking forward to the spa.