Carnival Miracle - mini review, random thoughts

Coloradodude

Background - My wife and I sailed Feb 28th out of Long Beach, doing the 3 stop Mexican Riviera. We are both in our mid 50's. We called this our massage Cruise.

Embarkation - Really bad.. worst we have had in 11 cruises. We got to the port at 11:30. Ship came in at 8 AM. We had Faster to the fun.. best $50 I ever spent, but still did not get on the boat until 1:30 as passengers were still coming off at 1:15.

Disembarkation - Best we ever had. Faster to the Fun was Awesome. We were off the boat at 8:30 and at the airport at 9:00.

Cabo - We have spent a week here before. Due to Faster to the Fun, we were able to walk right down when we wanted to and take the tender into the Marina. We walked into town and each of us got a 70 Minute Massage for $20. A Great Day.

Mazatlan - Took a Taxi to Athina Spa and we each got a 20 Finger massage for $40. Best massage we both have ever had. Then we took a taxi to the Golden zone, shopped for a few hours and then to the cliff divers. Another Great day

Puerto Vallarta - Did the Extreme Canopy Adventure. We both have ziplined 4 different times. This is the best zipline excursion we have ever been on. This is probably the best excursion we have ever been on.

We not only did a bunch of ziplines, but rappeled off waterfalls, rope courses, 250M water slide that you put on elbow pads and helmets. We rode mules up a canyon, 4X4 Unimogs, Speedboat ride across the bay. We seen Dolphins and whales breaching up close. You can read reviews all over the internet about this.. All our 5 Star..

Then back to the ship, took a TAXI to the Melicon Boardwalk, Shopped a little and then we each got another 1 HR massage for $20 each.

Sure beat just shopping for the day.. Best day of the Cruise

Weather.. - 1st day leaving Long Beach was cloudy and cold.. The rest of the days were GREAT

Comedy Club - We went almost every night.. 4 Great comedians. good job Carnival

Food - Awesome - no Complaints - 2 prime rib nights

Cabin - We had an AFT Cabin on the rear- loved it.

Serenity Deck- loved it

GYM - Worst one of any cruise ship we have been on, but worked

Overall - Great Cruise, no complaints. I have a saying. Only good cruises and Great cruises, you can make it what you want.

For all the Carnival Bashers I had a GREAT time and will cruise Carnival again My favorite cruise line is still RCCL, as their ships our a lot nicer.

But Carnival does a nice job.

Recommendations -

Internet - Would love to see real Hi speed Internet. I tried internet cafe twice, it was really bad. It took 5 minutes and $4 to load 2 web pages.

Newest RCCL ships - internet is 20 times faster than this ship was.

TV - It would be nice to have a few more channels like ESPN or Fox news or a Real CNN channel. Not a International CNN that plays the same story every hour. TV local Channels were out of FL. Normally watch very little TV , but we had one rainy cold day.

Pool band.. Missed the pool band, what more can i say

Final thoughts - Loved the Miracle and will probably sail this itinerary again some time. Sorry for all the grammar and spelling mistakes.. need to run. If anyone has any questions I will try to answer best I can.

Wayne,

I'll be on the Miracle in May going to Cabo and Puerto Vallarta. Can you please tell me where in both places you received such a great deal on a massage? We love to go to the beach, find a great little beach bar with good food/drinks and get a massage. Any other tips you would like to share about either port will be greatly appreciated.

Cabo - try taking a water taxi from the marina to Medano beach, about $10. Go to the Office Restaurant. You might be able to get a massage in this area. Google the office on Medano beach. You can walk to Medano beach but it is about 2 miles from where tender drops you off. May want to ride water Taxi over, then walk back through the marina to get your massage.. Just a thought.

We got our couples massage at a place on the street by Cabo WABO. They had signs advertising 70 Minute Massage for $20. There is all kinds of places around the Marina or 1 block from the Marina offering massages for around the same price. We did give a $20 tip..

PV - We just took a TAXI to the Melacon, walked around asked a few locals and found a spa 1 block off the beach.. Great couples massage for $20 each and I gave a $20 tip.

There was massages available also right outside the ship for $40.

Costa Maya is our favorite spot to get beach massage and has plenty of beach bars, but that is a different cruise

Edited by Coloradodude

Wayne and all Mexican Riviera Cruisers,

I was thinking about buying pesos here in Vegas before I leave for my cruise. Do you think it's worth doing or just easier to pay with dollars in Cabo and Puerto Vallarta?

All the places in the Cabo San Lucas Marina area take dollars. The exchange rate won't be as good as the official rate, but it will probably be cheaper than the change fees from the bank. The restaurant we went to gave us an exchange rate 2 pesos under the official rate.

In PV, you can also use dollars. If you want pesos, go over to WalMart or next to the port is Sorianas (supermarket) and buy something. If there are a few people in your group, each buy something in dollars (we will change a $20 bill) and ask for change back in pesos. Their exchange rate is pretty close to the official rate.

We use pesos when getting something from a paleta (ice cream) street vendor, taking the bus in PV, stores not catering to tourists or at the flea markets.

Edited by Rosefloater

We personally use a Chase or Capital 1 rewards credit card with a no foreign transaction fees for most purchases over $20. Got to get the points of miles. All others we just use cash.

We have had no problems using a credit card. Just Google no foreign transaction fee credit cards and get one if you do not have one. A regular CC card will charge a transaction fee.

Cash works great everywhere don't sweat trying to get pesos. Not worth the effort for a cruise. If you spent the winter or a month down in Mexico it would be different. Just my opinion.

Thanks Fred! I was disappointed when we sailed on the Inspiration last year. Is the Legend the same class as the Miracle? I have been on the Legend awhile back. I don't have any bad memories of the ship just bad memories of that cruise. The worst weather strung together for seven days:(.

Kim

Thanks Fred! I was disappointed when we sailed on the Inspiration last year. Is the Legend the same class as the Miracle? I have been on the Legend awhile back. I don't have any bad memories of the ship just bad memories of that cruise. The worst weather strung together for seven days:(.

Kim

Yes, Miracle and Legend are both Spirit class.

Sent from my iPad using Forums