Conquest - What Do You Want to Know/See?

kevin_ga

FTTF is Faster to the Fun. It costs $50 per room and gets you a taste of loyalty privileges: load right after Platinum & Diamond members on boarding, room is guaranteed ready by the time you board, luggage delivered with priority (ours was in room by 2ish), special phone number & line for Guest Services (this was REALLY nice), and priority tendering if at any of your ports (also was awesome for us at Grand Cayman). And when you disembark, you are in Zone 1 so can leave just about any time after self-assist.

They only sell so many for each cruise depending on how many high level loyalty members. They sell out quick, but sometimes will list more closer to sail time. Always good to keep checking. Under your Cruise Manager page, go to the excursions for the embarkation port (i.e. Ft. Lauderdale) and it will show FTTF and whether it is sold out or available. I highly recommend it if you can get it!

Thank you! This is great info! Have you ever tried their steakhouse? Is it worth the $30 pp?

What time did they start letting people off the ship? We have an 11:00 flight and am wondering if we should plan on self assist or will be OK with Zone 1 (FTTF perk)

Thanks!

I would recommend self assist if possible. Due to customs apparently there have been some delays. We were zone 3 a few weeks ago and we got to the Miami airport about 10:30. Are you flying out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

So here is what I was told by both the Dining Room staff and Guest Services.... hopefully you are booked for reserved seating (rather than Anytime Dining). While it *can* be possible in Anytime Dining, both the combined seating and special dietary needs are MUCH easier when coordinated in advance. As you can imagine the table configurations are locked down (tables are literally bolted to the floor) so it is easier when they plan for the larger parties. Make sure to call Carnival ahead of time and let them know. They told me they do have Almond and Rice milk available, but not necessarily readily handy. If they know in advance, they can accomodate much better. We saw the same asking for Skim Milk with coffee at night. They don't have it right by the tables and usually had to send someone to the kitchen to grab it. It took a few minutes longer, but they always were glad to provide.

As for boarding, we had FTTF and our cabin was ready when we boarded shortly after noonish. They called for everyone at about 2:30 as all rooms were ready. From my experience, most stewards don't mind you dropping off a few bags in the room even if it's not ready. Just make sure to stay out of their way and don't try to unpack before they are done. (Note* I'm sure some people would adamantly disagree with my suggestion to not follow the rules -- no need to flame here... because to each his own, and I have never been one to get caught up on what someone else thinks of me or my actions! :D

Thanks for your quick reply. It's good to know that they do have almond milk available. Yes, we are all linked for early reserved seating.

Were people able to board ship before 2:30 -- with their carry-on luggage before cabins were available..We do not mind carrying a small bag with us while we go to the buffet for lunch.

Looking forward to reading your reviews.

I would recommend self assist if possible. Due to customs apparently there have been some delays. We were zone 3 a few weeks ago and we got to the Miami airport about 10:30. Are you flying out of Miami or Ft. Lauderdale?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

We are flying out of FLL so it will be a short ride.... will probably go ahead and self assist and try to beat a couple hundred people to the security line at the airport. If it hadn't been such a great deal on a direct flight that will get us home early in the afternoon there is no way I would have booked something that early. :o Thanks for your comments.

Edited by erinmarie424

First time cruiser so sorry if this is a silly question. What is FTTF? Also, is the steakhouse worth going to?

I wish Carnival Corp would extend FTTF to the rest of their brands. Sounds well worth it.

Edited by StanLaurel

• 2 weeks later...

we did the Conquest cruise April 4, and while we had some issues comparing our trip to our previous Conquest trip, nothing that happened would keep me from sailing Carnival again. Remember people there are cut backs everywhere in the industry and the staff aboard does everything they can to make your trip the best!

we boarded about 1PM and that went smoothly, but disembarkation was a mess. Seems to me if they would reverse the zones in the warehouse where you pick up your luggage things would go a little more smoothly. Our assigned time to get off was estimated as 11AM...the latest we had ever had on a ship....but we were off to stand in a terrible line in the luggage area (actually backed up because of immigrations) about 10:20.

And my single biggest complaint to ALL cruise lines is why do they not have an area where you can meet up with your group before exiting the terminal. All the officials there just keep saying keep moving, keep moving...when you have a group of six and just gotten your luggage you might need a moment to regroup before entering the street! I find this very frustrating on ALL cruise lines.

Happy cruising!

Beverly

First time cruiser so sorry if this is a silly question. What is FTTF? Also, is the steakhouse worth going to?

FTTF is not worth it in my opinion. We were on the ship only about 10 minutes after them. We arrived to port about 10:30. Ignoring email to wait until one as we were already there when I noticed it. We went through the lines. Sat a bit in a waiting area and then we boarded before noon. That was Magic last year. It just depends on your budget I guess. We don't mind waiting to board. It is all exciting to me just being on vacation:) We definitely love the steakhouse!! Just exceptional food and service. Also has an intimacy you don't get in the main dining room. Also if you love food, check out the posts about the chefs table. A food excursion done on board one evening. High price but seems unanimously loved and everyone says money well spent!