Carnival Pride or RCCL Grandeur from Baltimore

pastthymes

We've taken the Grandeur before....but I'm flirting with the Pride....any thoughts on which one is better....and why???? Very cautious about Carnival, in general, but I've been told endless times....it depends on which Carnival ship. I've been on 26 cruises n am a Diamond member on RCCL....:D

We are also Diamond on RCCL, but sail Carnival also. The Pride was just recently upgraded and we are looking forward to seeing it in 3 weeks. We have sailed it several times and have never been disappointed. A cruise is what you make of it. Go and enjoy!

I agree...give it a try. I am not the biggest Carnival fan in the world, but the last 2 I have done - 1 on Pride and 1 on Splendor have been cool...they do some things better than Royal.....and you'll find it more similar than different I think. You can score great deals on Carnival which is awesome as well...especially when you can sail on fairly short (as in 30 days notice) they want to fill the ship, and sometimes there are great prices, just poke around their site...

Royal's ships are prettier but CCL has cheaper drinks, exponentially better pizza (I am a pizza snob..!) better TV stations (as in ABC, CBS, NBC and more...I know...who cruises to watch TV...um, me. ) And the Warm Chocolate Melting Cake is one of the best desserts at sea!

I am planning on sailing Pride sometime this summer I think..though nothing on the radar at this moment.....

With any cruise, if you expect perfect, you will be disappointed....BUT if you look at it as : you're on vacation, someone ELSE is cooking and cleaning, and the alternative is being HOME....

With the new things such as Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana, a couple new bars and more, I think it will be fine....

Every line does some things better than the others.....will you miss your D benefits, probably but I think that trying other lines opens your eyes to new things, and maybe makes you appreciate things that your favorite line does...

Go for it!

I totally agree....i could enjoy myself having a root canal....I really don't expect perfection, but glad to hear others like the Pride. I've not been to the Turks n Caicos....so that's appealing....;)

Ok I question your sanity if you could have fun with dental work..:eek::D

I went to Grand Turk once, on Royal...it was sort of a last minute thing....might have been on EX years ago when there were issues with one of the props....anyway, wound up at Margaritaville...was kind of fun.....would like to go again..

I guarantee you'll have more fun on Pride that you would with nitrous oxide, novocaine and dental instruments...

I've done Carnival twice and RC twice, sailing on Grandeur for the first time April 28. I was very happy with both my Carnival cruises, though neither was on the Pride. We did the Destiny and Miracle. The Miracle cruise left the day before hurricane Sandy hit here on LI. Carnival was wonderful keeping in touch and letting us know all the updates. And a lot of activities on board also. The comedy club was awesome.

I went to Grand Turk with the Miracle. I can't wait to go back someday. It was beautiful, and Margaritaville was great. That pool is to die for.

I wouldn't hesitate to go on the Pride if the chance came up. I say go for it and enjoy!