Ménière's disease

Eileenfa1

How do you cruise having this disease? I'm newly diagnosed and until a couple of yrs ago was able to stand the motion of the boat. Now every thing gives me vertigo . How do u handle it? Also same rule applies to flying? Thanks.

You might not be able to handle the movement of the ship. My mom has Meniere's and she went through extensive vestibular rehab. Everyone's disease is different and has different triggers. Good luck to you.

I have it and it's under control with medication and diet.

Cruising is no problem but I do take along a pill to control dizziness in case of an attack.

I haven't needed it yet.

Good luck.

Bon Voyage

Djp

I have Meniere's, have had it for several years. Sometime it gets so bad have to go to bed for a couple of days.

When I was first diagnosed the doctor prescribed meclizine (prescription only at that time). You can now buy it over the counter at the drug store. (They keep it behind the counter here). It is Rugby Travel Sickness (meclizine HCI 25mg.). I have vertigo a lot. When I feel it coming on, I just grab my meclizine and start taking it. ;)

I have been on 24 cruises, most of them since being diagnosed with Meniere's.

Next cruise is in two weeks. :).

Hope you can get some relief and are able to cruise.

Edited by LUV CRUSIN

friends of mine went on their first cruise a few years ago and had an absolute blast. Even bought future cruise credits... when he got home he developed disembarkation syndrome... is this something similiar? He still has it an won't cruise or fly... its really sad to me... because they had such a wonderful time...

Have any of you use steroid injections. My ent . Wants me to do that next . I get vertigo every day now and I have diabetes insipidus. I can't take a water pill. My diabetes meds preventes that's. Thank you.

I had those done. Didn't work for me, but they do for many. And what surprised me is that they did not hurt.

It is good if your ENT warms up the solution to room temperature before giving the shot. Then the ensuing short vertigo is lessened.

I have Meniere's Disease and cruising does not bother me at all. Each person's case will be different. Having meclazine or bonine on hand will help. Be sure to not get overtired.