Affordable East Mediterranean Cruise

RammsteinNicCage

Hi everyone!

I'm really hoping to take a cruise to the Mediterranean this year (first cruise ever), particularly in the east Med. I'd probably like to start from Italy as I might stay a few days before or after in the country (most likely Venice) and a stop in Istanbul would be nice. I can't go until at least July 2015 (best time might be late Aug/early September) as I want to make sure when I go it is sunny and warm/HOT!

I've been looking at prices over the last couple of weeks and see that prices generally are pretty good in May. As this is the first time I've looked at cruise pricing, I don't know if that is because of the season or because of the time left to book the cruise.

Price is a huge factor for me. I've been looking at NCL Epic as it has the studios and are decently priced considering most other prices I've looked at have had a similar double occupancy price but with nearly a 100% single supplement. Unfortunately, Epic is sticking to the west Med.

So, I guess my questions are, how does cruise pricing typically change throughout the year and as the date of the cruise approaches (I know it's all relative to how well the cruise is selling, but just looking for generalizations) and any affordable options for the east Med? I'm probably looking at around $100/day of travel.

Thanks for any support!

Cruises are like air pricing. Supply/demand. May is low season so low priced. Med more in demand, July/August high season with Euros cruising in August. Late May to early June and late Sept through October lowest priced I especially like Fall. Spring can be wet..Discount cruise agencies will have long lists online. Venice has now limited ship sizes docking at port due to erosion resulting in tendering. Celebrity Constellation is docked at Venice all Summer with some excellent itins. and realistic prices.Note single cruisers pay at least 50% more to stay alone in cabin.The deals come in like 6-8 weeks from sailing.

I am traveling solo on an Eastern Med. cruise in May on NCL. I started looking at prices in November. I noticed that the closer to sail date the prices seemed to increase. Actually, the prices seemed to dip around 90 days before, and then about 60 days before they increased. I don't know if that happens all the time. It may depend on the season.

I also looked at Epic, but I decided to go with an inside stateroom on Jade. Those Epic rooms looked too claustrophobic. An inside room is bad enough, but their studio rooms look like you can barely stand in them. Just enough room for a bed.

I'm going on the Jade Venice to Venice with stops in Turkey, Croatia, and Athens. The prices of my Jade cruise was only about $50 more than the cost of an Epic studio. The base price was about $674 and about $780 with taxes. But if you look at the pricing now for the same cruise, its probably a 2-3 hundred dollars more. The pricing is kind of erratic.

• 1 month later...

I agree with Ladybird77. I sailed on the Norwegian Jade last November from Rome to Istanbul and back (12 days) for around $800, and NCL does not mandate that you tip if you speak up about their automatic gratuities policy before disembarkation.

There are hugd price. Drop regarding the cruises of the émerald princess in the med , its like 1300 euro for 21 days !! And intinerary is amazing like istambul and the best grecs islands

I am doing a balcony on NCL's Jade for approximately $2800, in September 2015. It is with the 100% solo rate. That is steep for me, but I can't bear the thought of being in one of those insides for the week. This is my first solo, so I am a bit nervous and the last thing I wanted to be was uncomfortable, in the event I end up spending a lot of time in my cabin.

If price is a huge factor, then look at Costa or MSC, because of the Euro problems they offer some cheap options. Don't know if you'll be able to manage $100/day, but my experience in the Adriatic, the ship was cheaper than anything I could do on land. I just got a 7-day Western Med for 400 Euros in November through Costa France. I also have a UK friend who gets some pretty good deals there.

Edited by Dancer Bob

I did just book the Aug 30th eastern med cruise on MSC Magnifica, although I may cancel before the 100% refundable deadline comes up. I can handle the price on that one, but the time in port for most of the cities is pretty short, so I'm not 100% sold on it yet.

I did just book the Aug 30th eastern med cruise on MSC Magnifica, although I may cancel before the 100% refundable deadline comes up. I can handle the price on that one, but the time in port for most of the cities is pretty short, so I'm not 100% sold on it yet.

Wow msc. It would be the last compagny i would chose ,costa is better (solo is 150 per cent )180 per cent now for msc and short Time on port

But the ship is Nice i was twice on magnifica

Edited by dub237

If Costa was sailing when/where I need it to, they would have been an option.

Look at hal zuiderdam from 13 th of august to sep 4 , 22 days at 1400 eu or 2100 eu in single its mutch better Than msc