Anyone sailed Celebrity?

DolphinWatcher

I think most of the comments so far about Celebrity are spot on. Drinks are expensive, the showers are brilliant, the entertainment is not so good, and so on.

Food is very subjective and we did enjoy the MDR and buffet on the Silhouette and Eclipse, more so on the latter as it seemed they served more vegetables with the main course! But the more British style food on P&O really appeals to us too. DH enjoyed the food on his previous P&O cruise very much indeed, he is still talking about it, even nine years later.

Have sailed Celebrity twice (see below) ....outstanding ships....we always look at their cruises before any others! Eclipse in particular was great because it has a slightly British flavour, such as Tea and Coffee making facilities in the cabin like P&O and an outstanding English cruise Director (Sue) who gives the ship a dry British sense of humour to proceedings. Shows are more geared to British tastes too. Staff are outstanding.

Edited by Tog

We have only been on a short three night cruise on Arcadia, but have been on three cruises on the Eclipse.

Our experiences on Arcadia have resulting in us not booking another P&O cruise. We found the buffet poor, the MDR food poor and the staff just about the most unfriendly we have ever met. We are very chatty and friendly to everyone so it was not our attitude.

The entertainment was good on Arcadia and the state room and the ship itself were ok.

Celebrity has lovely friendly staff, wonderful stateroom with large shower with no sign of ghastly plastic curtain. The bed is very large and very comfortable. The buffet food is fantastic, so much choice. Entertainment is good the first time you see it, but like all cruise ships after the same shows for the third year running it does become a little tedious.

Drinks are very expensive and they have just put the price up yet again. There is a drinks package which they include from time to time. If not then if you are a drinker you will need the expensive drink package.

I agree with everyone else about the foyer, but still preferred the Eclipse to Arcadia.

Don't bother with speciality restaurants unless they are offering 50% off deal which they do from time to time once you are on board. In our opinion the food is not much better than the MDR and Buffet. Having said that we did have a wonderful meal at Moranos on our first cruise, but that was complimentary. This year we heard the food was not so good there.

We will have to wait for a year or so for our next cruise as we have to save up.

Just proves how subjective it all is 😄. We thought Celebrity staff were not that friendly compared to P&O. Thought food on Arcadia was streets ahead of Celebrity, including the buffet - could not get on with the buffet restaurant on Constellation. P&O drinks are so much cheaper as are the gratuities and we did not have to ration visits to the speciality restaurants on both Arcadia and Aurora as the cover charges are so reasonable. It is more than likely that our next cruise will be 28 days on Ventura next January so that shows where our preference lies 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi. We've sailed with p&o for the last 6 years or so but a bit underwhelmed by next year's itineraries as we've done most of the ports and have seen a great one on Celebrity Eclipse that we are considering. Have any of you p&o regulars sailed with Celebrity and could give me some pointers on plus and minus features compared to p&o?

Many thanks for your help.

I did a comparison a while back based on Ventura/Azura and Celebrity Silhouette. There have been a few changes since this review inc upgrades on Ventura and suite class introduction on celebrity but I would still stand by most of my observations. Hope it helps.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42255438&postcount=101

We still enjoy both lines and have future cruises booked with both.

I did a comparison a while back based on Ventura/Azura and Celebrity Silhouette. There have been a few changes since this review inc upgrades on Ventura and suite class introduction on celebrity but I would still stand by most of my observations. Hope it helps.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=42255438&postcount=101

We still enjoy both lines and have future cruises booked with both.

A very fair review. The only comment I would make was that X did not confiscate wind being brought back on board and we were sold to drink it in our cabin. Perhaps if you went OTT in the amount you had it would be different.

We have still to try P and O and it will be interesting to compare with the other lines we have sailed with.