NCL Escape M6/B6 cabins

dng6325

Hi all,

We were looking to book the Escape M6/B6 cabins but just noticed that they were all connecting cabins. I usually try to steer away from the connecting rooms for fear of inadequate sound insulation. In your experience, is noise more likely to carry over to adjacent connecting rooms? The big balcony are very enticing, but not sure I want a connecting room.

Thanks!

Hi all,

We were looking to book the Escape M6/B6 cabins but just noticed that they were all connecting cabins. I usually try to steer away from the connecting rooms for fear of inadequate sound insulation. In your experience, is noise more likely to carry over to adjacent connecting rooms? The big balcony are very enticing, but not sure I want a connecting room.

Thanks!

Yes. It's the reason we didn't book one. We had the B6 on Getaway and loved it ... but I'm not willing to chance the connecting cabin / noise issue. In fact, when I went to book it, it was my PCC that said "oh wait - they are all connecting. Are you sure you want this". Enough of a "warning" for me.

Edited by SissasMomE

Yes. It's the reason we didn't book one. We had the B6 on Getaway and loved it ... but I'm not willing to chance the connecting cabin / noise issue. In fact, when I went to book it, it was my PCC that said "oh wait - they are all connecting. Are you sure you want this". Enough of a "warning" for me.

If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up booking? The regular size balcony seems so small! Are balconies for mini-suite bigger? Thanks!

If you don't mind me asking, what did you end up booking? The regular size balcony seems so small! Are balconies for mini-suite bigger? Thanks!

We booked a mini suite. I would have booked an aft-facing cabin, but we are travelling in a group this time, and we wanted to be together with the rest of the group. The balconies on the Escape do look a little larger than the away ships, but I doubt it's by much :( Do you like the aft-facing balconies? They have nice sized balconies. Also, there is a chance that once the ship is built, all of those cabins will not be connecting. It's happened before - where the deck plans were not entirely accurate. I find it very hard to believe that every single one of those cabins will connect!

Edited by SissasMomE

I'd love a B1, but we will have our 2 kids with us, and these will only accommodate a max of 3. I can't believe either that all M6/B6 are connecting cabins. I guess I'll have to wait and see. In the mean time, I think I 'll book a mid-ship mini-suite instead.

I find that hard to believe too, especially since none of the M6s were connecting on the sister ship the Getaway. I would bet that not all of them will be, but no way to know for sure.

I have had a couple cabins that connected and you do get a little more sound through the door vs the wall. But, we were lucky that none of these neighbors were very noisy so it wasn't a big issue.

I would prefer a non connecting, but we loved that M6 so much on the Getaway that we booked another on the Escape and if it ends up being a connecting we will survive. The benefits just outweigh this small issue.

I wasn't sure what to do either. Not sure I really liked the connecting cabin, but really wanted the bigger balcony. So we went for it. My friend and I booked 9128 B6 on the Escape November 14. Hope all goes well. Just excited to cruise. I love to spend time on the balcony reading and watching the water.

I wasn't sure what to do either. Not sure I really liked the connecting cabin, but really wanted the bigger balcony. So we went for it. My friend and I booked 9128 B6 on the Escape November 14. Hope all goes well. Just excited to cruise. I love to spend time on the balcony reading and watching the water.

I'm sure you'll be fine. It just wasn't worth the risk to us.

I would call. I thought M6 was bigger. I know its right for B6 because that's what we and our rowdy kids booked for connecting staterooms. We'll be right above you M6 people. hahaha. See you don't want don't want a connecting stateroom next to someone like our family in the off chance we decided to cram into one room instead. :)

• 11 months later...

How was your stay in a connecting cabin?