Just booked our first Biggie!

RIvacationgirl

Called my PCC today after my DH said we had to take advantage of the special offers. So, I "forced myself" to call and book a new cruise. We chose the Breakaway, and this is going to be our first cruise on one of the megaships. I know we will have a good time, and this will be our chance to see if we will enjoy the super ships vs. the smaller ones. It will be a good contrast since we just sailed the Sun.

We booked 13904- aft-facing large balcony. If anyone can give me any suggestions or tips about anything Breakaway or our cabin, I am ready!

We are so excited and thanks for your input!:):):)

Just sailed breakaway. Ship is beautiful but cabins were smaller. Common areas very crowded, pool deck tiny. Would be much better if the ship had 1000 less passangers. Don't get me wrong...we had a great time, just not mega-ship cruisers.

Just sailed breakaway. Ship is beautiful but cabins were smaller. Common areas very crowded, pool deck tiny. Would be much better if the ship had 1000 less passangers. Don't get me wrong...we had a great time, just not mega-ship cruisers.

Agreed. I had a hard time finding lounge chairs around the pool on good weather days. The pools are tiny for so many people. Did not bother fighting my way in and opted to enjoy other areas.

Called my PCC today after my DH said we had to take advantage of the special offers. So, I "forced myself" to call and book a new cruise. We chose the Breakaway, and this is going to be our first cruise on one of the megaships. I know we will have a good time, and this will be our chance to see if we will enjoy the super ships vs. the smaller ones. It will be a good contrast since we just sailed the Sun.

We booked 13904- aft-facing large balcony. If anyone can give me any suggestions or tips about anything Breakaway or our cabin, I am ready!

We are so excited and thanks for your input!:):):)

If you still have time to change your room around, you should be aware that not all of the aft balconies are the same size. The balconies on the 13th floor are the smallest and not that much bigger then regular sized balconies. The balconies on the 9th floor are humongous. From smallest to largest the order of the aft balcony sizes are: 9, 12, 11, 10, 14, 13.

Edit: We sailed in an aft on the 9th floor on the Breakaway in December and loved it.

Edited by shapatack0