Please Share Reviews

I have been surfing for recent reviews of cruises, seems instead of finding the reviews or even answers to questions, its often has to be requested via private email address. This board is such a wonderful resource for sharing - I am just wondering why people are hesitant to post their reviews in whole? I find if its too long or not specific for what I'm looking for, I just move on. I have seen several I would love more info, by the time the 70th person has requested the private review, I always wonder if my request would be answered? Please post so everyone can either use the info or pass it by!

Maybe there is a more obvious reason not to post that I'm missing ? Just wondering?

Thank you so much for sharing!

I have been surfing for recent reviews of cruises, seems instead of finding the reviews or even answers to questions, its often has to be requested via private email address. This board is such a wonderful resource for sharing - I am just wondering why people are hesitant to post their reviews in whole? I find if its too long or not specific for what I'm looking for, I just move on. I have seen several I would love more info, by the time the 70th person has requested the private review, I always wonder if my request would be answered? Please post so everyone can either use the info or pass it by!

Maybe there is a more obvious reason not to post that I'm missing ? Just wondering?

Thank you so much for sharing!

I am not to sure exactly what your question or point is here...a lot of people have posted reviews,and have answered specfic questions.Some that are connected to links maybe that is it easier to do this as they have posted elsewhere,and it is hard to keep writing the same thing over and over in response to certain questions.You may want to check under the cruiseline for reviews as well as the thread on the main board for just reviews.I see this board more for questions and answers not long reviews.I also see on this board the same questions asked over and over agian as it seems easier for some to just post the question again and not check back on the board and wade through a lot of posts..it can frustrating to answer the same querstions over and over.I have always thought this board as a wealth of info.If you have something that you want specific's fo,and you cannot find the answers any place just pose it that way on the board and I am sure someone out there will be able to help.Hope this helps.

I have been surfing for recent reviews of cruises, seems instead of finding the reviews or even answers to questions, its often has to be requested via private email address. Maybe there is a more obvious reason not to post that I'm missing ? Just wondering?

QUOTE]

At least one person was a travel agent who was forbidden to advertise that fact here due to Cruise Critic's guidelines. By asking this person to email you, he/she could email back also include advertising information. Sleezy!

Since there are a lot of cruise reviews, both on this board and on individual cruiseline boards, I suggest you do a search of the forum using the word 'review' in the title. That should get you access to the type of boards you are looking for. Enjoy! That's where I've retrieved lots of good info as well as by asking specific questions.

I agree. 99% of the time people are wonderful about leaving information. I get frustrated when someone has an interesting fact, ie a place to shop in a certain port, or a favorite resturant, but leaves an email address.

Oh, well, that's life---I'll continue to enjoy and appreciate all the other wonderful information that is shared.

I think you are referring to the recent major e-mail requests for a Med review on this board. If you double click on the OP's name you can easily find all the threads he/she has started and can find the review everyone seems to be asking for. Quite frankly, I read it and not sure what all the buzz is about.

That having been said, I leave today for our Med cruise and I definitely plan on doing a review because I find them very helpful when I am cruise researching.

From your post I wasn't sure if you found this already.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/index.cfm

I'm not sure why individuals don't post their reviews in the section for Reviews as I saw many for the Liberty cruise on the Carnival board and yet when I did a search in the REVIEWS section, none are there except CC's own review:confused:

Don't get me wrong, the reviews on the threads are great to read just not sure why CC'ers don't post more on the Review section.:o

I'm not sure why individuals don't post their reviews in the section for Reviews as I saw many for the Liberty cruise on the Carnival board and yet when I did a search in the REVIEWS section, none are there except CC's own review:confused:

Don't get me wrong, the reviews on the threads are great to read just not sure why CC'ers don't post more on the Review section.:o

I am one of the quilty, I posted our 8/13 Liberty review on the Carnival Board because I did not see a board for reviews. I didn't post it on the Europe Board because I felt my review was more about the ship than the ports.

In response to your question, there are CC members who post reviews of their cruises. Here is a link to my review of our Brilliance 6/5/05 Med review: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=195223 Sometimes you need to scroll through the pages on this board to find them, but they are there. If no one has replied to the thread in a while, it will sink down the list and make it a bit more difficult to find. I guess it's easier to request the review via e-mail than to try to do a search -- which sometimes doesn't work.

Regarding the comment about not posting reviews on the review board, I am guilty of that in this case. This was our third sailing on Brilliance and I wrote reviews that were published on the review board for the first two. Since this review was more about the ports and less about the ship, I didn't think it warranted posting on the review board. I don't know if that's the case for all reviews, but that was my reasoning.

One of the reasons I posted requesting people to email me was that it wasn't my own review I was offering. I don't go until later this month.

I started planning at the start of the year and rather than constantly searching for reviews then not knowing which ones I had seen etc, I pulled them off as I found them and created one pdf file with all the reviews I had come across.

After my cruise, I will post a review directly on the boards.

The other thing you'll find is that some people post under their roll-call when they come back and not in the general europe area.

Frances

I guess I didn't mean specifically reviews, Cruisintinsmom understood - and worded it better. Someone has a great tip such as the most recent post "Best Way from Livorno to Florence" I anxiously go to the post and find out It has been answered, but in order for me to get the info, I need to post my email address so the info can be emailed to me. There is quite a list of email addresses requesting the info. PLEASE dont misunderstand, I am so appreciative of this board and utilize it like crazy. I just worry if I am on the 3rd page of requests????

I LOVE this board - and dont mean to be negative in any way! I will take info any way I can get it!

Thanks!

Thanks so much for that info! Have been on this board for a long time now and forgot I could read reviews there too. DUHHHH!

Thanks

G

I recently had the experience of requesting an interesting review. I did so twice and for some reason, I never received it. What I did receive very quickly to my personal Email address was a Taxi/Car Rental company from Italy soliciting me on cruise critic. I was bothered by this, but should have realized that not only fellow cruisers are reading these posts. I think I will be hesitant to post my Email address again. For that reason, I would also love to be able to read the valuable reviews on this board.

Saw a posting on the Princess thread which might be worth duplicating. Have a posting for each of the ports where people can post tips and answers to most often asked questions and it can be the first place to look.

i think the idea was that people didn't ask questions in the thread it was purely for posting useful information. And if the information couldn't be found there, they could start their own new thread. This way the link doesn't get hijacked and become irrelevant.

I guess there could be one for ship reviews as people could post their reviews to the one place.

Keep meaning to start this with the info I have researched but might not get around to it until I've been on my cruise.

Frances

Archived