Dining Rooms On The Dream

Raxter54

I can see two restaurants on the deck plans for the Dream - The Crimson Restaurant and the Scarlet Restaurant. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the two?

DW and I would probably be using Anytime Dining and requesting a table for two. Would we have a better chance getting a two-top in one restaurant as opposed to the other? When we were on the Serenade, we asked for a table for two. We technically got a table for two - that was about 6 inches away from a table for 6.

I am new to cruising but I think that one dining room is for MTD and the other is for ATD. The table for two deal seems to be pretty common, all the two tops on the Elation were like that. Haven't been on the Dream but would expect it to be the same. At least there is some division, so unless you get sat next to a real chatty couple they should probably mind their own business.

We were on the Dream two weeks ago. Your Time Dining is available in the Crimson restaurant (mid-ship). We had late dining in the Scarlett dining room. We didn't spend very much time in Crimson but both dining rooms seemed to have a good variety of table sizes.

On the one occasion that we went by Crimson at dinner time, there was a very long line for Your Time Dining so you may want to plan your meals accordingly.

Dave

I can see two restaurants on the deck plans for the Dream - The Crimson Restaurant and the Scarlet Restaurant. Does anyone know if there is a difference in the two?

DW and I would probably be using Anytime Dining and requesting a table for two. Would we have a better chance getting a two-top in one restaurant as opposed to the other? When we were on the Serenade, we asked for a table for two. We technically got a table for two - that was about 6 inches away from a table for 6.

Anytime Dining is in the Crimson Dining Room (mid-ship). The only difference is that the Scarlet Dining Room is bigger and has ocean view windows. That being said, if you want a table for two I would switch to assigned dining and email DRMAITRED@carnival.com two weeks before you sail and request a table for two. Follow up onboard. Staying on your time dining will not guarantee a table for two.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

Anytime Dining is in the Crimson Dining Room (mid-ship). The only difference is that the Scarlet Dining Room is bigger and has ocean view windows. That being said, if you want a table for two I would switch to assigned dining and email DRMAITRED@carnival.com two weeks before you sail and request a table for two. Follow up onboard. Staying on your time dining will not guarantee a table for two.

Totally unbelievable. How can people be this wrong?

Not quite true. You are not guaranteed a table for two with assigned dining. You can certainly request it, but it depends on availability whether or not you can be accommodated. However, with YTD you can request a table for two when you check in at the hosts' station. You may have to wait longer for one to become available, but they will definitely accommodate you. Also, in my experience they remember your preference for subsequent nights. You can even request certain waiters' areas if you find someone you really enjoy.

Edited by ATLCruiseJunkie

Not quite true. You are not guaranteed a table for two with assigned dining. You can certainly request it, but it depends on availability whether or not you can be accommodated. However, with YTD you can request a table for two when you check in at the hosts' station. You may have to wait longer for one to become available, but they will definitely accommodate you. Also, in my experience they remember your preference for subsequent nights. You can even request certain waiters' areas if you find someone you really enjoy.

Again, I can only speak from experience. This has not been the case when I asked for a table for 2 at your time dining. Putting in a request in advance for table for 2 for assigned seating will increase your chances of getting one.

Again, I can only speak from experience. This has not been the case when I asked for a table for 2 at your time dining. Putting in a request in advance for table for 2 for assigned seating will increase your chances of getting one.

You are correct, it will increase your chances of getting one at assigned seating. We requested to be moved on one cruise. It took a couple of nights to rearrange people, but it was done.

And in my experience with your time dining, I've never had them tell us there wasn't a table for two available at all . Again, we have had to wait up to 15 minutes for one to become available, but they've always been able to do so.

Edited by ATLCruiseJunkie