3 days till sail away!!!!

G&TQ

Two days of work and then the long drive to Miami! I can't wait!!!!

This trip is so needed. I was laid off :eek: the day before my last cruise three years ago. A year and a half and a few steps backwards to land a job. Now two jobs later finally ready to set sail. :D:D:D

Two days of work and then the long drive to Miami! I can't wait!!!!

This trip is so needed. I was laid off :eek: the day before my last cruise three years ago. A year and a half and a few steps backwards to land a job. Now two jobs later finally ready to set sail. :D:D:D

OP, hate to sound like your mother....your post caught my eye because you are driving to Miami....if you have not done the drive through Florida Easter weekend, pack your patience and leave yourself plenty of time. I've been in some epic traffic in Florida Easter weekend when we could not avoid certain routes at peak times. :eek:

Most of all have a great time! :)

OP, hate to sound like your mother....your post caught my eye because you are driving to Miami....if you have not done the drive through Florida Easter weekend, pack your patience and leave yourself plenty of time. I've been in some epic traffic in Florida Easter weekend when we could not avoid certain routes at peak times. :eek:

We are cruising from Port Canaveral on Saturday and we live in Virginia. Originally we were going to leave at 4 am on Friday and it's a 12 hr drive. We decided to leave tomorrow night after our daughter gets off work. So we are leaving at 10 PM. I think we will miss some of the crazy Easter Friday traffic.

Good luck with the drive!

We are planing on leaving Atlanta by noon on Friday and stop in Orlando Friday night. Then up and out at 6 to Miami. its 10ish hour drive. 7 to Orlando and then another 3 Sat am. Does that sound do able?

Thanks for the heads up. We all need a lookout. ;)

Have a great cruise!:)

I used to drive often from St Petersburg Florida to and from Ottawa Canada, when we had a condo in there. The drive from Georgia to Florida was never considered a long one for us:D

Oh how I wish we still had our sweet little place in Florida again. I miss it so much, as well as the drive from here to there and back, and all the great states we sometimes stopped at and saw on the way.

We are planing on leaving Atlanta by noon on Friday and stop in Orlando Friday night. Then up and out at 6 to Miami. its 10ish hour drive. 7 to Orlando and then another 3 Sat am. Does that sound do able?

Enjoy your cruise. Sounds like you greatly deserve a wonderful vacation! :)

We leave Friday, about noon, from just south of Atlanta, heading to Ocala for the night; usually about 5 hours. Then, about two more hours to the port (Tampa), on Sat. morning. We thought about driving in day of cruise. Glad we booked a hotel, now. Too risky a drive. Last week we looked at the same hotel prices; they were much higher. Price drop closed the deal. :)

Sounds like a plan. Have a great time!!!