Drink menus?

I seem to recall a few posters saying that there are no longer any drink/cocktail menus available at the various bars....is this correct?

We will be sailing in FOS in August and I love trying out all the different cocktails with my drink package, so I'm hoping there will still be something to help me make my choices [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you thats good to know. I wonder why no prices? We will have a drink package but it's helpful to know which drinks may take you over your $12 threshold so disappointing that prices are not visible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah Radiance and Rhapsody drink menus are the same across the ship and no prices any more. Want you to go with the drinks packages I guess. If you don't have a package and keep asking wait staff for the drink prices once you have made your selection you will notice you will get different responses each time you order the same drink! Gone are the good 'ol days.........................

Like EVERYTHING right now with drinks on RCI,. .Drink prices, seem to vary, bar by bar, ship by ship, cruise by cruise, cruise compass by cruise compass (thats why no prices on the printed menus).... nothing seems to be set in stone, Seems it's all up to Each ships food and beverage manager each and every day what he needs to do to make that days revenue.

also, i can see from recent cruise compass's some days and ships some bars have daily drink specials of they're own, aka, 1 particular drink at that bar only all day at 25% off. (off of what beginning price, is anybody's guess.) or at certain hours, Buy-One/Get-One specials, again varying by days, or hours, Other ships no offer no specials at all.

Nothing is set in stone, it's all over the place right now. (they're trying to get you to buy the drink packages, the other prices and specials seem to keep changing day by day, ship by ship, in relation to how many bought the package or not on each particular sailing,.....Bar managers adjusting prices on the fly to reach maximum sales and revenue cruise by cruise.)

There was a TV episode a few years ago on "CNBC Big Money on the High Seas" about an NCL cruise, where they actually show the bar manager making such daily adjustments and decisions, telling his bar staff what the daily quotas we're and exactly what drinks and prices to push each day to keep the Drink revenue in the profitable level day by day of the cruise. (I know it wasn't RCI, but it was quite interesting,...) Seems like RCI is now using a similar strategy,....adjusting offers/pricing/specials on each ship daily, to meet whatever the quota is for the day.

Aka,. .If they sold tons of drink packages, ..less bar tenders, .so you give out drinks less often,. ..and high prices for the remaining few who didn't buy the package,......trying to convince them to buy it.

or, .not a lot of package buyer's,....Then, More drink of the day offers, BOGO specials and bar staff pushing suvaneer glass's, to entice the casual drinkers to make up the daily/weekly/cruise sales quota.

Edited by ragen

Just off Jewel, they had black and white printed menus, basically $12 for pretty much any mixed drink, there were a few $10 options though.

Beers were mostly around $5-6 range and wines ran the gamut from $8-$20+ per glass.

Definitely not as nice as the color menus with pretty pictures from last summer but better than nothing to avoid sticker shock when you got the bill.

Seems pretty clear the goal is to push you to the top package, we were port intensive though so I just did the bulk of my drinking on land and saved the $.