RCI Newbie

Hi All

Hubby and I are considering Navigator of the Seas Africa and Canaries October 2016 from Southampton.

Only done P&O before. My question is, what are the dress codes on RCI. Quite dressing up on formal nights, but have noticed on the last few cruises not as many people seem to bother. How many formal nights, if any, could we expect on a 13 night RCI sailing.

Also if we have drinks package can you use it in all bars?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Bev

Here is the dress code info:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&snav=2&faqId=255&faqSubjectId=334&faqSubjectName=Life+Onboard&faqType=faq

I would guess 3 formal nights on your cruise.

The drink packages can be used in any bar or restaurant. They cannot be used for room service or your stateroom mini-bar.

The dress code on RCI is much more relaxed than on P&O. You should have three formal nights on your cruise. Completely up to you how formal you want to make it. Unless they make any changes you should be able to use your drinks package in all bars

Thanks for replies. Another question do they have themed dress nights like tropical, black & white, 60/70s etc?

I've seen them have white night from time to time, but I've never seen it announced pre-cruise.