Shuttle Service Question

trishb13

My DH and I will be cruising on the Carnival Victory on April 23 out of the Port of Miami. Although our flight is arriving at the Fort Lauderdale airport at 8:30 a.m. day of cruise. Can you please let me know if you have used a reliable service to shuttle you to the Miami Port? There are also 2 other friends that are traveling with us so we will need transportation for 4. I also would like to know if they will stop along the way for us to pick up water, soft drinks and a couple of bottles of wine. I would like to carry on these items on board but I am taking a flight in for my cruise. Thank you for any advice you could share with me. I would like to finalize our transportation on this soon.

SAS is a very good and reliable shuttle service and charges $15.00 per person for FLL to POM. They will not stop for your purchases though. I think in order to make that stop you'll have to either take a cab or a private car service for just the 4 of you.

I used afamilylimo.com from Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Miami. The driver let us stop off at a store and didn't charge us. Usually they charge $10 per stop most places but he was super nice. They run $105 for limo service to the port. After taxes, fees and tip I paid $150 for my family which was only a tiny bit more than I would've paid for all of us to take the shuttle. He picked us up 10 minutes early and the limo was very nice as well. It really set our trip off on a great note and my kids loved it! They have prices online and if you wanted cheaper you could get a towncar for $75 plus taxes and fees. Honestly made our trip so easy and stress free on the way there. :D

Have fun and try to get Faster to the Fun for Miami, it was a wild port.

If you want to make a stop, I would suggest just renting a car. You should be able to get one pretty cheap. We rented a car because we came in a couple of days early, but the morning of the cruise, we drove down to the Miami airport, dropped it off and took the free shuttle to the port. Very easy!

Suggestion if you do rent a car: let one person take the shuttle bus over to pick up the car and the rest deal with baggage claim. There is hourly parking right outside the baggage claim area. I was able to get a really close parking spot, headed into the baggage claim area to meet the rest of my party, and we zipped right out to the car.

We just did a shuttle back (QLS I think). It was $15 per person.