Hair Salon experience

ncsongbird

Has anyone had their hair colored in the Princess Salon? I will have to have my roots retouched while I'm onboard and I'm hoping they will be able to match up my hair color formula. I'm curious to hear about anyone's experience using the beauty salon.

I carried the color formula with me on a long cruise (32 days). They were unable to follow formula as they use a different brand of products. They said it was not a problem as they could match my color. Unfortunately they matched the color of my roots (minus grey) and not the color my hair was. Then I also had highlights done. My stylist always does this as a two step process (color first, then highlights). On the ship they colored roots and as that was processing they did the highlights. Had some minor bleeding of colors/bleach solution. Not thrilled with how it looked. Now I just go with the roots showing some...I am not the only one..... Get it done at home just before I leave and as soon as I get home.

I had a great experience with the Salon a week or so ago on the CB. Got a root retouch, full highlights, cut and style for $130. It turned out great.

That's good to hear. I'll have my formula with me and I've had to get my roots retouched before on vacation but never on a cruise. I would guess it will similiar to any salon. A lot will depend on who I get an appointment with.