No Drawer space on Gem? Where do u put everything?

din2play2

Going on Gem soon B1 Category and noticed there is no drawer space :eek: I am assuming there is shelving in the closet. Am I Right? Anyone know about how many shelves there are or does anyone have a picture?

Trying to figure out where 3 adults are going to put all their clothing/belongings :rolleyes:

As road warriors that cruise - we adapted our carry-on strategies for packing tight & light, using packing cubes (ours are from online vendor, eBags - you can also get them from outdoor stores including Eagle Creeks or Rick Steves travel store, and decent & inexpensive ones from local IKEA) We fold & roll and they stayed unwrinkled mostly on arrival & upon unpacking. These were in action on the Breakaway, also used them on the Gem & Jewel - eBags have unconditional lifetime replacement guarantees & they stand behind their products. They also have a direct eBay store with free shopping, and bargains can be found - sometimes.

The GEM balcony should have 3 large drawers but yes, it has more open (7 or 8, big & deep) shelves, plus the big full height double closet. These packing cubes in assorted sizes come in very handy - we also cross-pack our items flying if we must check our luggage in case one is delayed or worst, lost in transit. Suitcases & folded bags can go underneath the main bed and used as a laundry basket for soiled items.

Unzip the luggage & the "bundles" go directly onto the shelves, easily to find things or not have them fall out. When it's time to pack & leave, just reverse & pack the soiled ones together.

Edited by mking8288

We just came back from the Gem and were in the oceanview cabin with 2 adults and 2 kids and had no problems with storage at all. Actually I was surprised how much storage space there was. We had 6 big drawers, plus 2 small ones and the closet had about 20 hangers, plus about 5 open shelves beside the closet. I am not sure if other cabins have different configurations, but that's what we had.

There is always plenty of room... If you are worried about running out of space it might be time to reconsider what you are bringing - just kidding.. There is room - just pack smart (no need for 7 pants, 7 shorts ...but I'd at least go with 7 changes or more of underwear :eek:)

Thank you all for your responses. I feel much better now knowing that there is drawer space and by the video Russianmom - looks like plenty of room. Great video of the room by the way. TY

Thanks! Not my video- I grabbed it off you tube. Plenty of other videos there for most ships/room categories.

We have always had more than ample storage for 4 on all of our NCL cruises. We try to stay to 1 carry-on each and 1 bag for snorkel/scuba gear.