How low did you go? Price of dolphin photos

CruzControl

My advice would be to not fall for the "we have you where we want you - pay up" I believe they expect the majority, if not all, to negotiate.

When approached with the first price, I am not lying when I said I laughed out loud. I did not hum and hah every time we were approached with a different price. I just flat out said "No thanks or we will pass" Maybe if they see your emotional struggle they are less likely to bargain???

Don't get me wrong, I am not in the mind set of cheating these people out of their money. But pics on a cd probably cost them how much? They are making a killing off those photos (plus the cost of the actual dolphin/sea lion/manatee swim)

You make some excellent points!!

I agree- it's toooo much with the negotiating! Frustrating!!

Thank you for the tips! I think I can play hard ball but I really at least want one pic of the 4 of us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I booked Chankanaab online so I also purchased two $40 photo certificates for $33 each. That saved $14 total. If I can get the CD for $50 per person then we will only have to pay $20 since we will already have $80 in photo voucher certificates. In total we would have only paid $86 for the CD for 2 people. Still a lot but I can deal with it if the pictures are nice.

I tried to book Dolphin Discovery online and when it asked for the cruise line I put in Carnival. I then got a message that said I needed to book the excursion through Carnival. I called Dolphin Discovery and they told me that Carnival has a special arrangement with the dolphinariums in Cozumel so they wouldn't allow me to book with them. I went to Cozumel Insider and their form doesn't ask what cruise line we're with but they say they book with Dolphin Discovery. So I guess my question is, who did you book with? Were you on a Carnival cruise?

Interesting... I did the same- said I was on a carnival Cruise and I just got my confirmation.... Never heard anything otherwise!!!

Yikes!!!

FYI- I don't know about Cozumel Insider. They had amazing customer service until I emailed and asked if the price was the EXACT same as booking directly. They said they needed date and ages, which I had already given.

I emailed again with a specific price, "can you please confirm that if I book with you my price will be $357?"

After about six emails back and forth, he suddenly stopped answering after I sent that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...