Getaway 5/2 What are the must do's?

Is there a daily limited for the UBP? Carnival is 15, RCI is unlimited.

I have never seen a limit or heard of anyone being told of a limit. Most drinks are covered and the wait staff/bar staff is good to point out if something is over the allowed price under the plan.

Hello fellow cruisers. My wife and I are going on our first NCL cruise on the Getaway in May. What are some of the must see and must do's? Any tips for us on this trip. We are really laid back and like to spend most of our time on the decks or beaches in the adult areas, sipping on mixed drinks. Any help is appreciated. Let me know if you will be on the cruise with us!!!

Do not eat the day you go to Cagneys and book an early dinner - you will not be sorry. It was the best meal I've ever had in my life. Do the Ropes course your first opportunity. (you can always do it again later too) Depending on weather and/or crowds - you might not be able to do it when you finally "get around to it."

The way they do the pictures is awesome, every time a photographer snaps your picture - they ask you for your room number to make sure the picture goes in the right binder. The exception to this are the plank and zip lining pictures. Unless you want to be searching through thousands of pictures - make sure to remember roughly the day and time you do this - so you can easily scroll back by date stamp and find your pictures.

As someone else mentioned - the illusionarium is a must do....I didn't do the ice bar - but I've since regretted it. I'm going on this cruise again May 30 - and will DEFINITELY do it this time around.

The behind the scenes tour - while pricey (80 pp) is worth it. Very, very interesting. You start out back stage at the illusionarium. They take you through the galley - teach you how the food is prepared, down through the crew areas, into the laundry area (you'd be surprised but this part was FASCINATING), and the environmental area, and finally the bridge. We got to see the control panel where they steer the ship - and the captain talked to us for quite a bit. Included in the price is a nice leather 2 picture frame/holder thingy with an 8x10 picture of you in a chefs hat that they take in the Galley.

There are two entrances to the buffet - one at the front (next to where the pool deck kind of spits you out), and one in the dead center of the buffet (elevators run right up to this corridor). It is a way better option than fighting the crowds at the front in the morning time.

We had the UBP - and while I'm not much of a drinker usually (a few beers when I do drink) - I was on vacation with no where to drive, and free booze at my disposal. The Dirty Banana was my favorite (don't ask me what's in it). :D

We did not get vibe passes - If Vibe had a pool - I probably would have - however - there is no shortages of places to sit and sun in regular ol steerage - so it wasn't an issue for us.

Somewhere on deck 6 or 7 - towards the back of the ship is a "model ship" of the Getaway - very neat!! Be sure to check it out.

Most of the organized shows and events are held in the atrium - the best seats to see - is sitting at the horseshoe shaped wrap around bar at O'Sheehans. However, this is very common knowledge and so the seats fill up fast - so get there early. And tell your wife to wear pants or a long dress - otherwise the people below will get to see 2 shows! ;)

Hope you have a GREAT time!! Any other questions, just ask! :)

To the OP. What do you hope to do? We all have our thoughts but they don't always go along with what others prefer to do. If I asked that question in a general way, please don't advise the ropes, no vibes where I must vegetate in the sun, no Cagnys . Are you adventuresome, do you plan to relax?

The Sugarcane mojito bar is a great place to hang out. Many people like Bong bartending inside but I prefer to sit outside in the open air bar. If Clarence the chocolate cowboy is there then he will take good care of you as he has treated me great on 5 cruises so far. We took over that bar on our last cruise, 1 firefighter and 3 cops with our spouses. Just sitting there as the sea rolls by with a good drink is quite relaxing. Plenty of good activities on the ship, look for the oddball stuff like how to make sushi, towel animals. Any big show there is worth the time and effort too.

Do not eat the day you go to Cagneys and book an early dinner - you will not be sorry. It was the best meal I've ever had in my life. Do the Ropes course your first opportunity. (you can always do it again later too) Depending on weather and/or crowds - you might not be able to do it when you finally "get around to it."

The way they do the pictures is awesome, every time a photographer snaps your picture - they ask you for your room number to make sure the picture goes in the right binder. The exception to this are the plank and zip lining pictures. Unless you want to be searching through thousands of pictures - make sure to remember roughly the day and time you do this - so you can easily scroll back by date stamp and find your pictures.

As someone else mentioned - the illusionarium is a must do....I didn't do the ice bar - but I've since regretted it. I'm going on this cruise again May 30 - and will DEFINITELY do it this time around.

The behind the scenes tour - while pricey (80 pp) is worth it. Very, very interesting. You start out back stage at the illusionarium. They take you through the galley - teach you how the food is prepared, down through the crew areas, into the laundry area (you'd be surprised but this part was FASCINATING), and the environmental area, and finally the bridge. We got to see the control panel where they steer the ship - and the captain talked to us for quite a bit. Included in the price is a nice leather 2 picture frame/holder thingy with an 8x10 picture of you in a chefs hat that they take in the Galley.

There are two entrances to the buffet - one at the front (next to where the pool deck kind of spits you out), and one in the dead center of the buffet (elevators run right up to this corridor). It is a way better option than fighting the crowds at the front in the morning time.

We had the UBP - and while I'm not much of a drinker usually (a few beers when I do drink) - I was on vacation with no where to drive, and free booze at my disposal. The Dirty Banana was my favorite (don't ask me what's in it). :D

We did not get vibe passes - If Vibe had a pool - I probably would have - however - there is no shortages of places to sit and sun in regular ol steerage - so it wasn't an issue for us.

Somewhere on deck 6 or 7 - towards the back of the ship is a "model ship" of the Getaway - very neat!! Be sure to check it out.

Most of the organized shows and events are held in the atrium - the best seats to see - is sitting at the horseshoe shaped wrap around bar at O'Sheehans. However, this is very common knowledge and so the seats fill up fast - so get there early. And tell your wife to wear pants or a long dress - otherwise the people below will get to see 2 shows! ;)

Hope you have a GREAT time!! Any other questions, just ask! :)

Thanks for this info! Awesome ideas. I really appreciate it!

Hi! Is Howl open every night or do they share a space? I can't find much info about it on the website. Howl is my favorite place and I am so excited they have one on the ship! We sail in June and was hoping to spend many late nights there :)

Excursion idea - When we went to Bahamas on Disney - we found a great excursion on Nassau. I think it was called blue lagoon. It was a private island beach with floating slides and trampolines in the water, hammocks to relax in, meal included. And dolphins if you wanted to pay extra. It was very relaxing and low cost :) my kids want to go back again :)

Hi! Is Howl open every night or do they share a space? I can't find much info about it on the website. Howl is my favorite place and I am so excited they have one on the ship! We sail in June and was hoping to spend many late nights there :)

I was watching a video on youtube and they said that it shares a space at Headliners Comedy Club.

My suggestions are: drum roll please!

• Illusionarium
  • Wine lovers the musical(in the Illusionarium venue, but at lunch time.)
  • Mojito bar for drinks. I think someone mentioned the chocolate cowboy already, unfortunately I think both Bong and Lorelie are both on vacation. OMG. I must spend too much there!
  • Cagney's and Teppanyaki for dinner
  • Tropicana the night they have the Burn the floor dancers there.
  • The Cuban grill for lunch. Try it, you'll like it!
  • Spice for sunning, although I like the pool on the Epic, rather than the waterfall on the Getaway.
  • Howl at the moon and the comedy shows.
  • Legally Blonde is cute, even if it's a little different from both the movie and play.
  • O'sheehan's for the pot pies and wings.

Enjoy!

My suggestions are: drum roll please!

• Illusionarium
  • Wine lovers the musical(in the Illusionarium venue, but at lunch time.)
  • Mojito bar for drinks. I think someone mentioned the chocolate cowboy already, unfortunately I think both Bong and Lorelie are both on vacation. OMG. I must spend too much there!
  • Cagney's and Teppanyaki for dinner
  • Tropicana the night they have the Burn the floor dancers there.
  • The Cuban grill for lunch. Try it, you'll like it!
  • Spice for sunning, although I like the pool on the Epic, rather than the waterfall on the Getaway.
  • Howl at the moon and the comedy shows.
  • Legally Blonde is cute, even if it's a little different from both the movie and play.
  • O'sheehan's for the pot pies and wings.

Enjoy!

Thanks!!

• 1 month later...