A Photo Trip Report of POA 3/25-4/8/15

BnAv10

Friday, April 3, 2015 Pride of America (POA)

Our last full day of the cruise, second day on Kauai.

Watched the sunrise and ate breakfast on the back lanai of the ship.

upload%201_zpsstp6fxvy.jpg

Since it was a short day, we decided to stay close by the ship. We had planned to maybe just spend a few hours at the nice little beach that's an easy walk from the ship. However, we were feeling adventurous, so we decided to venture out to the lighthouse that you can see from the ship. An indispensible tool was the google maps app on my iphone. We figured out (using google search) that the lighthouse was called Ninini Point Lighthouse. Then typing that into google maps we were able to get walking directions, that were different from driving directions. Because of this we learned that there were "shoreline access" right of way paths through the private golf course. It felt a little weird walking on those paths through the golf course, at least the first way through. But on the way back felt more at ease and we enjoyed it. The golf course was deserted anyway, except for some grounds workers. The pathway takes you down past the public beach in front of the Marriott, then through the golf course to a nice little secluded beach, then back up onto the golf course, through an abandoned parking area, and through a backroad in back of the airport, and finally to the lighthouse. It was about 2.5 miles each way and i think we took about 3 hours round trip. Took a few pics!

upload%202_zpsrewvdvly.jpg

upload%204_zpsmcgecbnn.jpg

upload%205_zpsdy3im668.jpg

Friday, April 3, 2015 Pride of America (POA) continued

Today's towel animal:

upload%2017_zps1ontlg7f.jpg

I really enjoyed sailing away from Kauai and watching it from our private balcony. Took some pics and a short video

[YOUTUBE]A8A2UdWjwgA[/YOUTUBE]

upload%2023_zpsjtue5sgh.jpg

upload%2024_zps1bv3m7xx.jpg

upload%2026_zps9pme7bqu.jpg

upload%2027_zpsnzbp6hov.jpg

And then just seeing this while relaxing on our private lanai. Bliss!

upload%2029_zpsnvgnbqxh.jpg

Friday, April 3, 2015 Pride of America (POA) continued

Then a little later, as the Na Pali coastline went by. So beautiful. I really loved having a private balcony to view this. The good news is that no matter which side of the ship you are on, you will still be able to view it. The only different is that the first time past, is on the port (left) side, and that is when there is a narration to accompany it (you can turn your t.v. on in your stateroom if you're on port side to listen as you view.) However, we were on the starboard side so we viewed it after the ship sailed by going the other way -- the ship turns around and goes back the other way. Hope i'm explaining that well enough. You just don't hear the narration if you view it on the starboard side.

Took some more pics and video

[YOUTUBE]xBx1RxYB0Xg[/YOUTUBE]

upload%2036_zpsymk9s28r.jpg

upload%2037_zpspf0zin8t.jpg

upload%2034_zpsw4gfnaxv.jpg

For dinner this last night on the ship we went back to the Liberty Dining room and had risotto with extra veggies. We weren't crazy about the sauce.

upload%2038_zpszzg0biqo.jpg

upload%2039_zps9abxfjvy.jpg

We skipped the entertainment this evening.

Up next: disembarkation day and day one post cruise! We stayed on Oahu 4 days post cruise and had some wonderful adventures! If you're interested in more of the land portion of our trip, stay tuned for more!

Edited by BnAv10

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You mentioned taking food back to your room! was there an issue with this? how did you carry it?

I'm sure I heard that NCL has reversed the new rule of not taking food to go.

There was quite a backlash.

• 1 year later...

Aloha! I am so sorry I forgot that I never finished this review! My father and husband both had health issues arise, and I never came back and finished this. Now that it's been TWO WHOLE YEARS (wow time flies) it seems silly to try.

I just wanted to say I am really sorry for not finishing this up but I hope it was helpful anyway.

Aloha and mahalo for following along!

We just booked the POA for next March...so all of this is new to us!

Just found your review a few hours ago. Well done! And it gives us ideas for our trip.

Hope your family is well.

Thanks for the effort you put into this review.

We'll try to write one in a year!

:cool:

Aloha! I am so sorry I forgot that I never finished this review! My father and husband both had health issues arise, and I never came back and finished this. Now that it's been TWO WHOLE YEARS (wow time flies) it seems silly to try.

I just wanted to say I am really sorry for not finishing this up but I hope it was helpful anyway.

If you hadn't come back I would not have seen this. And I'm glad I did. But I am really hoping everyone in your family is doing ok! Thanks for the review and great pics!

• 2 months later...

So sorry to hear about the health issues for your husband and father.

However, having made it this far I just want to say that I have spent hundreds and hundreds of hours researching the POA cruise and NOTHING comes even close to what you have given us here.

Thank you so much, and I hope the other matters work out OK.

Again, thank you.

quote=BnAv10;52501701]Aloha! I am so sorry I forgot that I never finished this review! My father and husband both had health issues arise, and I never came back and finished this. Now that it's been TWO WHOLE YEARS (wow time flies) it seems silly to try.

• 8 months later...