Surf lessons ~ Which hotel?

Artisticgirl

I am sailing on the Glory May 30th. My 18 year old son and his friend want to do the surf lessons excursion. My husband and I do not. I don't feel comfortable leaving them alone and just wanted to sit on the beach and watch them. Does anyone know which resort and beach they do this excursion at? There is no mention of where it is and Carnival doesn't seem to want to disclose ??? i do not want to book another 2 for me and my husband at $90 if we are not surfing. I was thinking maybe there is a day pass at the resort so we can just sit and watch them.

Wonder if it is wow surfing school. That is is isle verde. We are staying at the El San Juan resort and the surfing is at the next resort up but I can't remember which one. The other surfing in Puerto Rico is near Rincon. I doubt it is there

• 4 weeks later...
I am sailing on the Glory May 30th. My 18 year old son and his friend want to do the surf lessons excursion. My husband and I do not. I don't feel comfortable leaving them alone and just wanted to sit on the beach and watch them. Does anyone know which resort and beach they do this excursion at? There is no mention of where it is and Carnival doesn't seem to want to disclose ??? i do not want to book another 2 for me and my husband at $90 if we are not surfing. I was thinking maybe there is a day pass at the resort so we can just sit and watch them.

My son also is interested in the surf excursion. I haven't booked it for the same reason. If someone knows how a parent can go along and not pay for lessons, I would love to know. I don't mind paying a reduced price to tag along but $90 for a bus ride to the beach is steep.

• 4 weeks later...

We're in the same boat. DH and son are surfing and my daughter and I want to go watch. Looking at the reviews of this excursion through Carnival, someone mentioned the Marriott San Juan (and they do sell day passes). But its always a risk that they've changed. Wonder if you could call the hotel and ask them??