Money for Ports

SAC112750

I've never heard of a credit card that charges international fees on transactions - serene56 - are you referring to exchange rates or conversion rates? Also, make sure you contact your credit card company to advise them of your travel dates and itinerary. It's a hassle if you haven't informed them and they put a hold on your credit card.

I've never heard of a credit card that charges international fees on transactions - serene56 - are you referring to exchange rates or conversion rates? Also, make sure you contact your credit card company to advise them of your travel dates and itinerary. It's a hassle if you haven't informed them and they put a hold on your credit card.

Some credit cards charge a fee of two to five percent when used outside of North America.

The issuers used to bake the fee into the exchange rate until they got sued (Amex was particularly bad about this). Now the fee will clearly be identified next to the particular transaction. The fee % is also part of the required disclosure statement about rates and fees. CapitalOne cards don't have a fee for international use.

The issuers used to bake the fee into the exchange rate until they got sued (Amex was particularly bad about this). Now the fee will clearly be identified next to the particular transaction. The fee % is also part of the required disclosure statement about rates and fees. CapitalOne cards don't have a fee for international use.

Neither do several other cards. I card that I have that was issued by Chase doesn't have any international fees.