WTH?!? Good-bye Banana Panckaes??

Kingmaker_inc

If NCL does not want to give the banana pancakes away for free in Orchid Garden, then they should move it to Teppanyaki. That place could use another desert choice on the menu.

I don't think it necessarily has anything to do with cost savings. Pancakes are not especially expensive to make. I think they just freshened up the menus generally, as they have been exactly the same since at least 2008 and probably before that. I m happy to see some fresh menus, as we only cruise NCL and about annually, some of the offering have become a little monotonous (eg. Cagney's for breakfast or lunch or dinner).

My point is that they do not have to change the entire menu. The pancakes are very, very popular at Orchid Garden. I am not the only one who will notice their absence and miss them.

We were disappointed to be unable to try the banana pancakes on the Star last week. Especially on our son's behalf. Nothing on the new Asian dessert menu appealed.

Also very sad about the loss of the ribs.

Attend the meet and greet and speak to the food and beverage officer. I spoke to mine during my last cruise and inquired about the cold fruit soups and voila , he had them made twice for me during the cruise.

Oh mine, the chilled soup choices a few years ago ... I missed those too ;)

-

Kingmaker is going to 'chew' me out :D for not focusing & someone else is going to come along and tell us all to just "let it go, let it go ..." :eek: - just forget the past and embrace the present days & look ahead to what the future might bring, LOL.

The (Vietnamese) spring roll served as a starter in the MDR was decent but not the "bigger" mini-egg roll, the former made with thin & crispy "wonton" skins whereas the latter is made with thicker "egg roll" skins.

Pork spare ribs - they served them once in the MDR on the Breakaway instead & they're pretty good. Now, it's mid morning & got myself worked up for some good "Dim Sum" for early lunch ... :p

Kingmaker is going to 'chew' me out :D for not focusing

LOL! Quite honestly, I found the Chinese / Asian food in the buffet on the Gem to be of a very high quality (especially if you got there before it sat too long under the heat lamps). I had the Kung Po for lunch one day and for supper at Orchid Garden, and the buffet version was MUCH better.

I *am* lamenting the pancakes because you cannot get them elsewhere, and now you can't get them even at Orchid Garden.

& someone else is going to come along and tell us all to just "let it go, let it go ..." :eek: - just forget the past and embrace the present days & look ahead to what the future might bring, LOL.

But brighter still with a coconut ice cream topped banana pancake!

Now, it's mid morning & got myself worked up for some good "Dim Sum" for early lunch ... :p

I have plans for Thai for lunch. Yum!