Westin, Hyatt or Courtyard Marriott?

picktowncruzr

The Westin is beautiful and VERY nice. The Hyatt is an absolute nightmare. People CRAMMED in every corner, spilling over into the other hotels/condos. We go to Cayman twice a year and would NEVER say at the Hyatt. Nice location but can't say anything else nice about it. 100% stick with the Westin over the Hyatt! Have a great time!!!!

So, if I have ALL my information correct, this is the wasy it should work....

We walk off our ship, catch a taxi, ask to go to the "Courtyard" (Resort, Hotel, Beach, WHAT???)

Is there some place we need to "check-in"? (such as the front desk??)

The beach is free, BUT, chairs, umbrellas, drinks and food are EXTRA

We stay for a few hours, enjoy the sand and surf, pack up, and leave to go back to our ship.

Will there be taxi's outside of the beach on the road to take us back? Or, should er make arrangements with the earlier taxi driver to come pick us up???

I just don't want us to get stuck without a way back to the ship...:confused:

How far is it from the port in Georgetown to the Courtyard Beach???

Thank you for ANY information you have!!!

Suesan:) :) :)

So, if I have ALL my information correct, this is the wasy it should work....

We walk off our ship, catch a taxi, ask to go to the "Courtyard" (Resort, Hotel, Beach, WHAT???) Courtyard Beach. It will be across the street from the actual hotel/resort.

Is there some place we need to "check-in"? (such as the front desk??) Nope. There will be a "guy" there asking if you would like to rent a chair. If you do he can hook you up. If not, just walk on by and grab a great piece of sandy real estate.

The beach is free, BUT, chairs, umbrellas, drinks and food are EXTRA ---- You got it.

We stay for a few hours, enjoy the sand and surf, pack up, and leave to go back to our ship. Sounds like a good plan

Will there be taxi's outside of the beach on the road to take us back? YES.

Or, should er make arrangements with the earlier taxi driver to come pick us up??? Not necessary. Taxis line up right outside the beach area on the street. There is a little pull off area. You will know what I am talking about once you are there. There was a little "general" type guy coordinating everything. He had 3 or 4 taxis lined up when we were there and he was finding out where people wanted to go. Most returned to Georgetown to catch tenders, shop, etc. Some others wanted to go to Turtle Farm or Hell or Rum Cake Factory, etc. So he put you in the correct taxi. Just say you want to return to town to catch your tender or shop and they will bring you back. The only thing I didn't like was we had to wait for the taxi to fill and that took a few mins, but I was on vacation and in no real rush.

I just don't want us to get stuck without a way back to the ship...:confused: You won't be. There are plenty of taxis. (Watch there will be some sort of taxi strike to prove me wrong.... just kidding )

How far is it from the port in Georgetown to the Courtyard Beach??? It is only a few miles, but you are on the other end of the beach, farther away from town. It took less than 10 mins to get back to town and dropped off.

Thank you for ANY information you have!!! $4 per person each way was the cost when we were there.

Suesan:) :) :)

You are getting there. I put my responses up in the quote.

sorry it has taken so long for me to get back to this thread! Yes, the Hyatt is a nightmare, avoid it at all costs. We go there twice a year and believe me, it is wall to wall people.

The Westin is at the far end of seven mile beach. It should take about 10-15 minutes to get there by taxi. They will for sure have taxi's lined up to take you back to the ship.

Keep in mind that on Cayman ALL beaches are public but MOST places will not let you use any of their amenities. Have fun!

You're welcome. Glad I could help. You could consider going to Hell to say you have been there. You could send postcards, that will be postmarked HELL. That took about 30-40 mins of your time. There is really much there so you don't spend much time. We also drove by the Tortuga Rum Cake Factory as well as the turtle farm. These are some other destinations. If you just want to enjoy the beach though, your day sounds perfect. When you go back to town there are shops and such to roam around in. Maybe Hard Rock Cafe for a t-shirt.

Archived