Norwegian epic ultimate dining package

riktorscale

I am a solo traveler having my first experience on a cruise line this June. I am going on a 7 day cruise in the Mediterranean , 6 days are port days btw. I have had it suggested that I should get the ultimate dining package around $140us for my cruise. The rationale being a solo diner in a smaller venue will feel more welcomed and cared for? Also I'm hearing a variety of reviews of the complimentary meals not being amazing. Any opinions?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Since you are solo, are you going in a Studio? If so, you need to know that the Studio Lounge concierge arranges group dinners for studio residents at various restaurants, including specialty restaurants and if you want to participate in those, it would be good to have the UDP. Yes, the specialty restaurants are smaller. Yes, you can dine alone if you prefer. The food in the MDR is good, though, but in the specialty restaurants it's really great! I didn't buy the UDP last time and we wound up eating at a specialty restaurant every single night. So I should have bought it.

Many of the restaurants, such as Teppanyaki and Moderno Churrascaria are ideal for large group dining, but I also saw the group from the Studios in Le Bistro - about 12 people having a wonderful time.

Edited by SuiteTraveler