Live Pearl April 16 Panama Canal and Pacific Coast

djmess

Thanks for the update. There has been a lot of discussion about whether the room service charge has gone fleet-wide yet. I'm sailing in less than 3 weeks and hope not to be surprised.

You might want to check out the following thread on this subject. Per CC, as of May 1, 2015 the RS fee is fleet wide ...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2203399

FYI - we just got off the Pearl Sat from the Panama Canal trip - first the suite life is really really bitchen - if you can would recommend - we were in 9172 aft suite -

it was a handicap room so no bath but a huge shower room and lots of storage space = the deck was big enough for two loungers - just had to ask the butler and she got it the first day - with a suite you get private dinning for breakfast and lunch - with a great selection of entrees and a great fruit bar in the AM - we also got the UDP - that we eased every nite except for 2 so we could get the pot stickers and spring rolls and sushi -

it was with out a doubt the best vacation we had - the crew was absolutely outstanding - we did not meet or even hear one bitch from any of the crew- the rooms were cleaned 2 -3 times a day, we had 7 pillows to choose from - even the coffee machine was cool - i get up early like at sunrise every day so it was great to had hot joe without having to wait for room service of get dressed -

we also had the spa pass for the 2 weeks and it was great especially on those hot humid days - just got my bucket of beers - book and relax looking out the bow picture window

Food - i thought was outstanding - the shows so so - the seating was the only real complain i have - JG and i are 6 foot and 6-4 and the chairs we just awful they slopped down and were real low - we stood for 1 show - we were so uncomfortable we passed on most every event in the stardust room

cigar room was great most times it was just me in there

the aft views just can't be beat - with the tv set showing the bow and sitting on the lounge chairs on the deck in the rear - was awsome -

Stops - Cartagena was great we used dora tours

Costa Rica was great we used Gio tours best stop

Guatemala - real poor country tour was by Carlos - good not great

Puerto Chiapas - we stayed on the boat not much there

Huatulco -went fishing caught 7 dorados in 3 hours! and its a resort town small and quite - i would got again there

Puerto Vallarta - wow its grown since were there 20 yrs ago went to the john huston house tour - bitchen - i would do that again in a heart beat

Cabo - a big newport beach - we just walked around and drank 3 buck beers

Ensenada we stayed on the ship -been there done that

anyway ask your questions and i will help - all i can say is wow - what a trip

and thanks to the CC members who helped with all the tours

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
FYI - we just got off the Pearl Sat from the Panama Canal trip - first the suite life is really really bitchen - if you can would recommend - we were in 9172 aft suite -

it was a handicap room so no bath but a huge shower room and lots of storage space = the deck was big enough for two loungers - just had to ask the butler and she got it the first day - with a suite you get private dinning for breakfast and lunch - with a great selection of entrees and a great fruit bar in the AM - we also got the UDP - that we eased every nite except for 2 so we could get the pot stickers and spring rolls and sushi -

it was with out a doubt the best vacation we had - the crew was absolutely outstanding - we did not meet or even hear one bitch from any of the crew- the rooms were cleaned 2 -3 times a day, we had 7 pillows to choose from - even the coffee machine was cool - i get up early like at sunrise every day so it was great to had hot joe without having to wait for room service of get dressed -

we also had the spa pass for the 2 weeks and it was great especially on those hot humid days - just got my bucket of beers - book and relax looking out the bow picture window

Food - i thought was outstanding - the shows so so - the seating was the only real complain i have - JG and i are 6 foot and 6-4 and the chairs we just awful they slopped down and were real low - we stood for 1 show - we were so uncomfortable we passed on most every event in the stardust room

cigar room was great most times it was just me in there

the aft views just can't be beat - with the tv set showing the bow and sitting on the lounge chairs on the deck in the rear - was awsome -

Stops - Cartagena was great we used dora tours

Costa Rica was great we used Gio tours best stop

Guatemala - real poor country tour was by Carlos - good not great

Puerto Chiapas - we stayed on the boat not much there

Huatulco -went fishing caught 7 dorados in 3 hours! and its a resort town small and quite - i would got again there

Puerto Vallarta - wow its grown since were there 20 yrs ago went to the john huston house tour - bitchen - i would do that again in a heart beat

Cabo - a big newport beach - we just walked around and drank 3 buck beers

Ensenada we stayed on the ship -been there done that

anyway ask your questions and i will help - all i can say is wow - what a trip

and thanks to the CC members who helped with all the tours

How much was the spa pass? We will be on the 12/31 Panama Cruise and wanted to find out. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

i think for the 16 days it was $240 each - we used it a lot the first 10 days or so then once in a while latter part of the cruise -

best part is that 75% of the time it was just me and wife- i would grab a bucket of beers - book and set there read and watch -