Golden C751 vs C748 Big price difference

chloe45

I'm booked in C748 S3 and C751 S6 has just become available. It wasn't when I booked. The price difference is $800/pp. These cabins look similar in size. Why the big price difference? Final payment isn't due yet. Can I transfer to this cabin without losing deposit or FCC OBC's?

Edited by chloe45

You should be able to tranfer with no loss of deposit and FCC OBC unless

your original booking was a sale with a non-refundable deposit. Call whomever you booked with (Princess direct or a TA) and get the correct answer.

Whether or not you should switch depends upon your personal preferences. Obviously, there is the difference in costs and $800pp is substantial. Do you spend a lot of time in your balcony? How long is the cruise? Here are some pictures I took of the two balconies on the Crown which should be similar.

The VS suite balcony (S6)

ry%3D400

The PH suite balcony (S3)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

As you can see, the PH balcony is much larger and doesn't have a beam obstructing the view from the living area slider. The insides will basically be similar.

Hopefully this helps.

Edited by freetocruise

Thanks for the pics. The PH balcony looks huge compared to the VS. I searched some thread and found one where it said the PH has a desk in foyer and the bathroom is slightly bigger but for a total of $1600 I'm thinking of switching.

We were in C751 last year on an Alaskan trip. The cabin was great. And we enjoyed the balcony while cruising in Glacier Bay. The beam was a bit of an annoyance when trying to get a different angle for a picture, but it worked.

Have a great cruise.

I may be mistaken but I believe the Vista Suite balcony in the photo above is on Emerald Deck; the Emerald Deck Vista Suite balconies are much narrower than the ones on Dolphin Deck and Caribe Deck. The deck plans, though not to scale, are a fairly accurate representation of the relative size of the staterooms and balconies.

I may be mistaken but I believe the Vista Suite balcony in the photo above is on Emerald Deck; the Emerald Deck Vista Suite balconies are much narrower than the ones on Dolphin Deck and Caribe Deck. The deck plans, though not to scale, are a fairly accurate representation of the relative size of the staterooms and balconies.

That is the balcony on Caribe...we had that room

Are you referring to the narrow, VS (S6) balcony in the first photo?

I find it hard to believe it could be that narrow.

We have sailed many, MANY times in either C752 or C753 , regular balcony cabins on the aft of Caribe next to the suites and our balconies have never been that narrow (shallow).

I don't understand how our corner balcony could be that much larger (deeper) (at least 9 ft. deep) than the balconies in the center on the same deck.

Edited by chamima

It is a picture of C751 on the Crown.

Are you referring to the narrow, VS (S6) balcony in the first photo?

I find it hard to believe it could be that narrow.

We have sailed many, MANY times in either C752 or C753 , regular balcony cabins on the aft of Caribe next to the suites and our balconies have never been that narrow (shallow).

I don't understand how our corner balcony could be that much larger (deeper) (at least 9 ft. deep) than the balconies in the center on the same deck.

I don't understand either because we were in C749 and you can see by the pictures that the PH balcony was much wider. I took the picture of the Vista Suite balcony from my balcony. I too was very surprised at how narrow it was. I think it's even narrower than the Emerald Deck Vista Suites and all Vista Suites have that beam. Those Caribe deck suites used to be designated PS Suites which is in between the PH and VS suites. But they were re-designated down to VS suites a few years ago.

I also think that the deck plans are not all that accurate because if you look at the aft Caribe balconies, it looks like the VS suite balconies are bigger and that's not the case.

the corner balconies are larger because they are not suites and thus the room is not as deep...the S6 balconies are narrow because the room is so large...the penthouse next door has a deeper balcony because it's front door is staggered in the hallway while the ones next door are further back if that makes sense....hence the reason why the S6 are cheaper then the penthouse while the rooms are the same...